• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

pistol whipping = flawless?

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i don't get it.
i have probably seen thousands of people pistol whipped on tv over my years.
and it never fails to instantly knock a person unconscious.
and the person isn't even usually hit on the head, but on the back of the neck.
i have never been pistol whipped, but i have a feeling it would just hurt, not knock you out cold.
is pistol whipping someone so they actually pass out a solely movie-world phenomenon? or does it really work?

seems as realistic as the vulcan neck-pinch

deep

TRIBE Member
Have you ever held a gun? They're not as light as they may look. The added mass makes a difference. It pretty much combines the swing of a fist with the impact of a metal pipe. And it's not to the back of the neck, it's to the back of the head.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KiFe

TRIBE Member
As deep says... picture clubbing someone with a small handheld tire-iron and you can imagine the type of damage that can be done.

I wouldn't be suprised if a solid pistolwhip to the noggin could crack the skull, causing delicious grey matter to ooze like a childhood volcano science project.

Caz

TRIBE Member
I got pistol whipped, I didn't pass out. It hurt. Then again, I kinda took it to the face, not in the back of the heeed a la Columbo.

Also, I like pie.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
caz said:
I got pistol whipped, I didn't pass out. It hurt. Then again, I kinda took it to the face, not in the back of the heeed a la Columbo.
I smell an epic story here....

Care to share with the TRIBE massif?

:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
not that glamorous. wrong place wrong time type dealio. i was in Florida with my folks and pretty young, some dude thought I was someone else. Talk about bad days!

ian

TRIBE Member
Yeah I'd say I'm more surprised people don't just end up dead. These skulls is not as strong as we thunks dey are.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
ian said:
Yeah I'd say I'm more surprised people don't just end up dead. These skulls is not as strong as we thunks dey are.
this is what i never got! i figured you'd crack someone's head open if you pistol whipped them.

p.s. ian: is your poor grammar and spelling a result of being pistol whipped? :p

b

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
caz said:
not that glamorous. wrong place wrong time type dealio. i was in Florida with my folks and pretty young, some dude thought I was someone else. Talk about bad days!
I'm sure Hallmark has a card for mistaken identity pistol-whippings.

'Sorry about the pistol whipping. My bad. If you see a guy named Frankie who looks a lot like you I'd appreciate a heads up. Get well soon.'

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
knocking people out cold with one supprise clubbing blow to the back of the head/shoulder seems pretty common in tv - especially from the 50s and 60s. They make it seem rediculously easy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Allar to what deep said.

Just consider the density of metal required to contain a mini explosion and propel a bullet straight repeatedly without damage. Thems are the heavy.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
what do you call those little bendy club things... ala the thing the nasa scientist kept knocking homer and barney out with in the Homer in space episode.

"where did you get that?" "sent away"

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
what do you call those little bendy club things... ala the thing the nasa scientist kept knocking homer and barney out with in the Homer in space episode.

Asp baton?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
an Asp is the telescoping one, no? something you'd bull out your backpocket and shoot into someones mug to prove a point rather than sneak up behind them for a little unconcious slap and tickle.

blackjack, eh? I ask for a.. uh... friend, yeah!

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:

It's a sap. Also called a blackjack (although I think a blackjack is a bit longer and more club like)

ian

TRIBE Member
le bricoleur said:
this is what i never got! i figured you'd crack someone's head open if you pistol whipped them.

p.s. ian: is your poor grammar and spelling a result of being pistol whipped? :p

b
Yes, someone had cracked me on the back of the head with a crude gun made of stella cans :)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
well i've seen people get knocked out with a punch to the head... don't see why a nice smack with heavy metal object couldn't be good at doing that.