1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Pioneer's new CD deck and mixer feature MIDI integration, USB for external storage -

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Mar 26, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Link

If you're looking for a product designed to "transform novices" (that is, you) into "the next generation DJ" (that is, Sven Vath) you're in luck: Pioneer has just announced a CD deck / mixer combo that includes the usual compliment of features (looping capabilities, a visual beat display, BPM lock, so on, and so forth) as well as some computer-friendly touches, including MIDI integration -- allowing you to use either as a control surface for your fave DJ software. The CDJ will also play music off your thumb drive, and the mixer itself accepts external USB storage device for saving your mixes as WAV files. Sure, in our day all one needed were two turntables and a crossfader to rock the party -- but that was a long time ago, kids. The CDJ-350 and DJM-350 will be available in June 2010 for $850 and $750, respectively. We've only scratched the surface here, however -- peep the PR below for all the vital details.

sooooo who is going to be the first to buy one?

[jai]

2. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

ME! I've been really looking forward to buying hardware that will make me choose better music to play.

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

They are selling this as an entry level option (wtf?!) and pricing it at what other companies price pro level stuff. Not that it isn't prolevel quality I just don't get the marketing.

The recording directly to USB thumb drive is such a good idea.

4. glych t.anomaly

out of all the ' all in one ' units its seems to me the most promising, especially compared to this one that vestax made.

[​IMG]

LINK

[jai]

5. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

That's just a midi controller. Totally different product and not comparable.

6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

finally. to make matters worse, i've even had to resort to making my own music. now how productive is that??

7. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

The entry level price of $2500?

Give me a fucking break.

8. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

neat but pass

9. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

10. glych t.anomaly

[jai]

11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Jai what exactly are you trying to point out with that post.

1 x DJM 350 = $750
    2 x CDJ 350 = $1700

Total = $2450

12. glych t.anomaly

ah i read it wrong i though it was the whole unit for 1600$

so it was like you get the mixer for free.

ah well.

that is a pretty ballz entry level price point.

[jai]