• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Pioneer's Announcement tomorrow

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
I played with some yesterday. If you're used to the 1000's then you'll feel right at home with these. Only thing I didn't like was the brightness of the jog wheel leds.

TRK

TRIBE Member
Thanks all. BM - What was your opinion of searching for tracks on the small screen - Functional?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yeah I don't see buying them ever. But they will be standard in clubs. I just want to know if the Rekordbox software will be a free download.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Functional?
Very. It has everything you'd expect. It even displays your album art. The rotary knob cycles through folders or lists of media and you simply click the knob in to select something. Also the needle drop feature is cool as well. As previously mentioned the system link works great so you only connect your hdd to one cdj and both of the units can access your tracks.

Again solid machine, does what it should. But, way too expensive. Seems like Pioneer is marketing this to club owners/managers instead of the average bedroom dj.