• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Pimp Your Ride: The officious car thread for gear heads

Vise

TRIBE Member
M235i Racing is badass. That to me evokes the spirit of the E30 M3 stronger than any M car in ages... can't wait to see that body kit hit the streets for the M235i.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
restyleit...this guy is killing it. I had him tint my rear brake lights a while back when it was him and a one car garage. Now he is doing all kinds of wrap jobs on high end cars and charging and arm and a leg to do it.

I had an idea to wrap my car last year and he wanted over 3000....quickly changed my mind...Mazda wasnt worth it.

Vise

TRIBE Member
That is for the best, IMO roughly 90% of the wrap jobs out there are complete shit. Who needs a matte military green M3?

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I agree Vise. I was most definitely high on glue when I thought it would be a good idea.

I can somewhat understand the guys who do simple, normal wraps whom may lease vehicles and are concerned about paint defects upon return but I still don't buy it. When we looked at lease options for the new Mercedes they offered a one time insurance fee of 1200 I think to cover all that work upon return of the vehicle. ( my numbers may not be accurate but thats what I recall when I was in lala land when signing papers)

What's scary is another company quoted me 3000 grand as well and then proceeded to tell me if I chose a custom color they could not honor a warranty. They had all of 10 colors to choose from.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Speaking of which, you should update your order with Mercedes to get the Edition 1 CLA45 AMG. Saw it on the MB Canada website, pricey but looks bad ass. :D

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I know man, I just came across that the other night. If I was a smart man and was waiting another year, that might be an option. haha

I also saw a picture on instagram of the new E63....DAM!!!

Deep down I am and will always love wagons and hatchbacks...

But I wont deny, this is a work of art as well...These front grills are a thing of beauty IMO.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
The runner is looking great Fornicator!

I just (re)did my lower ball joints, outer tie rod ends and one inner. The aftermarket ones I put on one year ago and around 15k were already toast! I got factory toyota ones this time around. Apparently it's worth the 400 vs 150 for both. Incidentally, factory toyota tie rod ends are half the price of the Moog ones from crappy tire/partsource! toyota is funny that way- same thing with plugs- half price at the dealership for the factory spec parts.

And boy does 0.25 degrees per side extra toe sure make it handle like crap! Had to drive it for a weekend until the alignment shop opened up again...

kuba

TRIBE Member
I have/will never worry about my car getting stolen. I couldn't care less, it's a lease, take it if you want it.

Now, when I get a classic car, then it'll be under full lock down.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
My 4Runner is a different story. It'll probably be one of the most pristine 2nd gens on the road and after putting so much blood, sweat, and tears in the thing, I'm taking a couple of precautionary steps to ensure that nobody fucks with my project.

I've installed not one, but TWO fuel pump kill switches lol They're hidden really damn well so they're going to have to flatbed the truck away if they want it.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
I have/will never worry about my car getting stolen. I couldn't care less, it's a lease, take it if you want it.
I've installed not one, but TWO fuel pump kill switches lol They're hidden really damn well so they're going to have to flatbed the truck away if they want it.
I love the peace of mind that comes with driving a classic-ish piece of shit. Nobody takes a second look at my mk2 GTI. It still get the fun of driving a GTI, which drives well enough, but it's showing its age. Still gets great highway mileage though.

As much as I would really like a new(er) car, like a BRZ, or E36 3 series, the chance that some idiot will smash the window to try and steal it, even if I have kill switches, it just too much for me anymore.

I never used to even lock my Miata since I didn't want bastards cutting the roof to get it.

I can appreciate the care that people take with their nice cars. I wouldn't ever do anything to fuck with that. no way. But I enjoy driving my beater because it makes me smile, and I can write it off and walk away from it with more emotional than financial baggage hahaha

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I'm ok with that. If someone wants to steal it, they will, but I'll do my due diligence to ensure that the only way to steal it is via flatbed.

Watch the GF accidentally leave the keys in it or something while she's at a gas station and then it gets stolen lol

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member

Been about 18 months since I purchased the thing at it looked pretty much like this:

Just got painted. Now, gotta install pretty much the whole interior, windows, door regulators/trim/etc, lights, bumpers, bushbar, find a cool skid plate, wheel spacers, and then find some neat rims and juicy wheels.

I might opt for a small 2" suspension lift if my garage will allow for it so I can go with a bigger tire (or maybe even a leveling kit). Keeping the rims at 15" or 16" and looking to go with, I dunno, 31"-32" tires.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Thanks!

I have a bush bar as well, but am debating whether or not it's too redneck. It might find its way on the SUV, but we'll see. So happy that the door regulators all work!

octo

TRIBE Member
i got lippy with the service department at pfaff last summer. i told them i was never going back there. since then i've been using my local mechanic. but my car's acting up a bit. i've called queensway 3 times. the first time no one picked up, the second time i got transferred to someone's voice mail, and just now i said "no, i don't want voice mail, i'll hold." after being on hold 20 min someone must have transferred me and the phone just started ringing.

i just want to get an idea of if my visit is going to cost an arm and a leg.

do i swallow my pride and call pfaff? i sent them a pretty dirty note and the service manager tried to follow up with me but i ignored his email.