• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pimp Your Ride: The officious car thread for gear heads

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Trip down the Tail of the dragon. What an amazing ride. Well worth the 1200km commute to get there.

303748_zps511752a7.jpg
[/URL]
303745_zps59d5d6bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
303746_zps4fed520a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
303747_zpse2381969.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oops....slow down Canadian!

totd2013_zpsc481606f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Vise

TRIBE Member
So in a moment of sanity I've decided against the huge $$$ for the HRE wheels, likely going with this set of Forgestars in the same gunmetal finish running Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Less than half price and similar weight too.

45351_424845034242164_2144028150_n.jpg

Vise

TRIBE Member
I just got a pair of Pilot Super Sports too. Damn good tire for a road tire. Way more grip than I expected.

I was running them on my M3, of the various tires I've tried so far they are by far the best... well worth the money and they are cheaper than the PS2 as well.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Great trip!! The roads leading up to the dragon are almost as fun to drive on as well. We drove through all the smokey mountains and such. Gorgeous drives for the enthusiasts.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
So in a moment of sanity I've decided against the huge $$$ for the HRE wheels, likely going with this set of Forgestars in the same gunmetal finish running Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Less than half price and similar weight too.

45351_424845034242164_2144028150_n.jpg

You should get the car to match it too! Yours is nice, but that wagon is BAD ASS

Balzz

TRIBE Member
My buddy just traded his C63 for an EB M-Sport 335i in manual today. After 2 years of an auto and driving my 6MT, he had to return to the rowing club.

Vise

TRIBE Member
My buddy just traded his C63 for an EB M-Sport 335i in manual today. After 2 years of an auto and driving my 6MT, he had to return to the rowing club.

I'll likely do the same in a couple years but for a P-car hopefully. :)

That said at this point zero complaints about the C63, it is an absolute beast! Hopefully my rear tires last until the new summer set arrives. I've been driving in full manual mode and laying some smackdown on the roads around my place... nothing like lighting up the rear tires shifting into third. :D

Vise

TRIBE Member
Wheels are ordered, finally... the shots of them on this C63 helped convince me. Mine will be gunmetal vs matte black though.

image00006.jpg

octo

TRIBE Member
my buddy bought a 1979 Lotus Eclat. it's in rough shape. what do you expect for $3500

we got the high beams working today. one step closer to getting it safetied.

this is what it looked like when i left.

IMG-20130609-00120_zps789fa77c.jpg

one day we'll get it looking like this

lotus-elite-06.jpg

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Vice, those wheels are sick!!

Octo, That looks like an amazing project! That would be fun to work on.

Fornicator, I think you need more tires ;)

Vise

TRIBE Member
Vice, those wheels are sick!!

Thanks, going to run the same offsets as in that pic so the stance should be pretty aggressive... my car won't be as low as that one on KW V3s but I am getting H&R springs installed tomorrow. My Michelin PSS tires were delivered today as well. Just waiting on the wheels themselves now.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Just received a call from Mercedes regarding the CLA45AMG. I think my mazda modding days are over. Time to start putting that down payment together. Car arrives in January so I have 6 months!!

I know we have all seen this car before but I am excited again!

01_CLA_45_AMG.jpg

Vise

TRIBE Member
Just received a call from Mercedes regarding the CLA45AMG. I think my mazda modding days are over. Time to start putting that down payment together. Car arrives in January so I have 6 months!!

I know we have all seen this car before but I am excited again!

Did you put a deposit down already? I have an awesome Mercedes sales guy at MB Downtown, if you want his contact info let me know. We've bought 4 cars from him and sent a bunch of referrals his way... he'll get you a great deal with top notch service for sure.

I tried to convince my wife to wait for the CLA AMG but she was set on the new B-class... we picked up her factory ordered 2013 B250 last week. It is basically the same car (engine, transmission, interior) as the CLA, I'm pretty impressed as it is a big improvement over the previous gen B class.

And more importantly, what happened to the plans for the GTR? :D

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
We still have love for the GTR and do hope to own one some day.

However, my wife and I have been discussing the idea of a cottage more seriously these days. Were both from rural towns so we love getting out of Toronto on long weekends and enjoying the cottage life.

As a result, I have had to slim down the car budget these days. We decided to cap it at 60k. This would allow us to continue to save for the cottage vs becoming car poor. After many weeks of browsing the internet, car lots and forums, I truly fell in love with the CLA45 AMG. When I found out it was going to be priced in the 50-60k mark, it became a no brainer for me.

Now before I get ahead of myself, I do want to drive one before I sign the dotted line. As much as I do love it, it still is a wrong wheel drive car.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Cool man, I hear you. My offer still stands, PM me and I'll shoot you the contact info for my sales guy. I was talking to him last week and he said they've already been on training for the incoming CLA models so he will be able to give you some more info if necessary.

Look forward to test driving one myself but it won't be replacing the C63 anytime soon. :)

Speaking of which, getting an ECU tune done on my car today... 500+ hp is calling my name. :D

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I would be more than happy to grab that contact info off of you. I would like to go in and talk with someone asap to discuss pricing and options. If the right deal came along, I would be happy to throw down a deposit this year and plan to pick this up in Jan/Feb.

If your contact is around this weekend, I may just pop in and see him. I unfortunately have no contacts at Mercedes anywhere so any help to not pay full price would be appreciated Vise!

You're so lucky!!! 500+ horsepower....one day!

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Weird how Nissan shit the bed, but Infiniti got top marks.

Next car will probably be an Infiniti or Lexus. Probably Infiniti since I think their designs are a little more aggressive.

I can't go with Subaru. Been debating an STi for forever and a day, but their engines seem to just keep grenading. The second you buy it, you pretty much have to mod it to a stage 2 tune otherwise you risk engine failure on so several levels. The double-edged sword to this is that if you do a stage 2 to the vehicle, you lose all that lovely warranty -I think. I'm just under the assumption that the second you open the engine or remap the ECU/ignition module/etc, that fucks your warranty.

Vise

TRIBE Member
I'm just under the assumption that the second you open the engine or remap the ECU/ignition module/etc, that fucks your warranty.

Depends but an ECU tune only is basically undetectable unless your dealer goes looking for it. Ask Ballz if he had any issues on his 335i, if I recall he had that thing tuned up for mega horsepower. Some dealers even support/encourage tuning but really depends on the brand.

Speaking of which I Eurocharged my car over the weekend... as if it needed more power but it is just stupid now. They rate the tune at around 540hp at the crank. :D

My wheels are en route as well, if all goes well they are going on this weekend...