• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pill Poppers at work

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I came into work this morning with a serious back spasm. The kind that makes you hate the world and everyone in it. I tried to just grit and bare it but lunch time rolled around and it was obvious that it was only getting worse, so I went to the pharmacy to find out that all the good pills require a prescription in this god forsaken country.

Now some would admit defeat, but no not I!! I started asking my co-workers. Wow Jesus fucking Christ middle aged people pop allot of pills, its like a fucking pharmacy in some of these peoples desks. And we’re not just talking a bottle of Advil and some Tums, fuck no. I managed to score valium and muscle relaxants and had three different pain killers with codeine handed to me.

I just figured out why we don’t get shit done around here (well other than me doing nothing all day but sitting on MSN and tribe) its because these people are half fucking cooked at any given time.

So what’s the rule on popping copious amounts of pills at work when they’re given to you by your co-workers?

Does not operating heavy machinery in anyway related to writing mission critical software or can I just hope that the QC guy isn't a pill popper?

acheron

TRIBE Member
There's one in every department - we call them the 'cubicle pharmacy'. It's usually the same people who run the Avon storefront from their desks, and/or have large bowls of goodies to snack on so people will stop and talk to them because no one would otherwise.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
There's one in every department - we call them the 'cubicle pharmacy'. It's usually the same people who run the Avon storefront from their desks, and/or have large bowls of goodies to snack on so people will stop and talk to them because no one would otherwise.
Incidentally these types are usually the most "straight-edge" you'll meet, in that all illegal drugs are completely evil, but it's fine to pop prescription meds for every little "symptom" they think they have.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
Incidentally these types are usually the most "straight-edge" you'll meet, in that all illegal drugs are completely evil, but it's fine to pop prescription meds for every little "symptom" they think they have.

Reminds me of that quote from Trainspotting where he's equating his drug addiction to that of his mother's perfectly legal drug addiction to prescription pills.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
m0ff said:
Reminds me of that quote from Trainspotting where he's equating his drug addiction to that of his mother's perfectly legal drug addiction to prescription pills.
"One television and one bottle of Valium. Which I've already procured from my mother. Who is, in her own domestic and socially acceptable way also a drug addict. "

LOVE IT.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars,
compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good
health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed
interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your
friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a
three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing
game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose
rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable
home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up
brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
It's so true. As long as it is prescribed or found over-the-counter, these people have no problem popping the heaviest painkillers for paper cuts.

I on the other hand do not discriminate and will take any type of pill offered to me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars,
compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good
health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed
interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your
friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a
three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing
game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose
rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable
home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up
brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.
I wish I had it that easy. I never get to choose anything.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
haha... my last job had someone like this.

in one walk-by I could get a handful of gummies and some Tylenol 3's. I think she did (probably still does) Avon as well.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Our "cubicle pharmacy" is also the most religious person in the office.

He sits at his desk and reads the bible on EVERY BREAK he gets.

Super nice guy though......and he does gamble....which is kinda funny....

almondjoy

TRIBE Member
staples in my drawer include...tylenol cold, tylenol extra strength, multivitamins, chromium, ginko, st.john wort (which i didnt have to use, thanks to our mild winter) and revxp for the pre-workout pick me up...

kaniz

TRIBE Member
However, speaking of assbackards drug logic.

- Friend of mine in Montreal, will put every illegal drug into his body : MDMA, GHB, meth, coke, whatever. But, refuses to smoke weed becuse "his body is his temple"

.. I never got that one

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Subsonic Chronic said:
that sentiment is so ironic yet so prevalent it seems.

d

-Sixcat-

TRIBE Member
Trainspotting was an awesome movie ;)

and it's the same where I work. Tylenol #3, Percocet, Oxycodone, fucking muscle relaxants, sleeping pills, you name it. Seems like they hand the shit out by the truckload if your willing to pay for it

m0ff

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
"One television and one bottle of Valium. Which I've already procured from my mother. Who is, in her own domestic and socially acceptable way also a drug addict. "

LOVE IT.

Yup...that's the one :D