• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pilates Tapes

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Can anyone recommend some really good Pilates tapes to do at home? It seems like everyone and their mother has a tape out these days...

~Lori

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

sk8

TRIBE Member
mine is a dvd by Gaiam or something like that.

it's pretty good i think, but i am certainly not a pilates expert.

i'll try and find info....

sk8

TRIBE Member
Yup. the company is GAIAM

the lady on the tape is Suzanne Deason.

I have a yoga one by the same company too.

mingster

TRIBE Member
i think mine is by gaiam too. it's fine and all, but i don't really find that my workout with a tape, in my living room is anywhere close to satisfying.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
i have windsor pilates. it's pretty good, but the girl, mari windsor can get pretty annoying after awhile cuz of her occasional bad grammar.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I am an advanced Pilates "person" and I am very confident that Windsor Pilates is by far, the best out there right now.
If you start with that, you will totally enjoy it and you'll see results, you won't believe it.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
I bought Windsor Pilates.
I like it a lot.

A ballet teacher recommended Windsor Pilate to us.
She told me it's the best.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
A good tip Loress is to sign up for a couple of classes with a good instructor so you can get the basic movements down perfect since Pilates is all about precision movement.

There is a woman on the Danforth that does classes and also has a video out - you don't have to sign up for a shitload of classes either. just pay as you go.

http://www.pilatesontheball.com/video/

Or, you can do the Fusion Fit class at my local gym CARDIOLOFT which is basically an hour of Stott Pilates for about 12 bucks a class. Jillian is the instructor and she knows her shit.

http://www.cardioloft.com

Doing a class or 2 will probably make any video you get more effective.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I see now that Coleen Craig has moved to the West end and doesn't do one-off classes any more

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I still swear by the Winsor Pilates as well.
But I did go to an instructor for 4 years to learn the fundamentals first.

edit - not that you NEED 4 years of course! I just really enjoyed my instructor, until her prices started going through the roof b/c the interest in Pilates literally exploded in a few months.
Now, I use my tapes.