• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

picture guy at system

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
Does anybody know about the guy who does/or used to walk around system taking pictures, and then handed out business cards after?

There's a picture he took that I really would like to get ahold of again....

Um yeah thanks.

Ritika

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
What kind of camera does he use?

And flash?

This information is vital to me, or no conkers bonkers in the phronix.

Moez

TRIBE Member
I, too, would be interested in finding out what kind of camera he uses. The pictures are so crips looking. I love the quality.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Torso

TRIBE Member
My father is a camera expert... he looked at Ryan Parks site and basically said that it's all in the lighting. A decent digital camera with external flash capabilities can take those kinds of pics. It's a harsh flash...
That's all I got out of him before the Turkey took over...

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Olympus C-5050Z

From page 2 of the above thread.
I was about to get that camera until i saw the Sony F717 (just like yours timo).

Basically, while the 5050's optics and CCD are more accurate (less red shift and less barrel distortion), F717/828 beat the 5050 in nite photography hands down.
800ISO + Hologram multipoint AF = winner.

Ryan, however, uses flash pretty much in all his pix, and from the looks of it, his flash unit has excellent metering and exposure synch with the camera.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm looking at getting an external flash for my Sony... the on-board one is okay, but I WANT MORE, MORE, GIMME GIMME MORE MORE.

Torso

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
I'm looking at getting an external flash for my Sony... the on-board one is okay, but I WANT MORE, MORE, GIMME GIMME MORE MORE.
I don't know if this is of any use to you, but my father suggests a Vivitar 2800 + slave + bracket.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think I'll go for Sony's flash, since it plugs in and will use the pre-flash thingy (TTL) for proper exposures and whatnot...

If you do a search on ryan, he posted a bit about how he gets his pictures to look like he does (in answer to someone asking about it).

I think he said something about pointing the flash at the ceiling?

Regardless, that guy takes good pics.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Regardless, that guy takes good pics.
But anyone with a decent digital camera and a flash could do it. Someone from tribe's dad said so, and he's a camera expert.

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
I don't know if this is of any use to you, but my father suggests a Vivitar 2800 + slave + bracket.
Exactly. I'm getting the same thing.
Very affordable! 69$ @ henry's.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
he has got a bad ass camera that is for sure... but he has never taken a picture of me though. [sarcastic]:( :( [/sarcatic]

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I've never bought a Camera at Henry's and i never will.
Why? They have this nasty tendancy of going bankrupt every 5 years or so. (they've gone bankrupt about 4 times now)

I buy my camera shit at Vistek.
Plus... because my Dad worked there years ago, i get good deals.

(yes, the lens case is broken... the outer lens is broken too. I haven't had time to get it replaced.

ryanparks

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by air-bag
I was about to get that camera until i saw the Sony F717 (just like yours timo).

Basically, while the 5050's optics and CCD are more accurate (less red shift and less barrel distortion), F717/828 beat the 5050 in nite photography hands down.
800ISO + Hologram multipoint AF = winner.

Ryan, however, uses flash pretty much in all his pix, and from the looks of it, his flash unit has excellent metering and exposure synch with the camera.
Actually, I have found the Olympus C5050 to be a better camera for low-light situations because the apreture can go as large as f1.8. It also has a Hologram multipoint AF.

My external flash is not dedicated for my camera so I am always re-setting my exopsure settings for certain shots.

-ryan

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
How much do those flashes go for? Should I even bother getting one for my 3.2 megapixel camera? I don't think I can control aperature on my sony though :(

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ryanparks
Actually, I have found the Olympus C5050 to be a better camera for low-light situations because the apreture can go as large as f1.8. It also has a Hologram multipoint AF.

My external flash is not dedicated for my camera so I am always re-setting my exopsure settings for certain shots.

-ryan
When I looked at the specs i was under the impression that it can only go up to f2.2. Guess i misread.

Which flash model are you using?