• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pics From FK @ 99 and Afterparty at Footwork

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
Poor FK, he looks like a naughty school boygettin bollcked!!

FrancoisKJoeClausell048.jpg

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
and not one picture of elektron??
he's behind me and Kate in pic #0017... last i saw him, he was off to some after-after party, after Footwork, at 6am... :) he had a wicked time.

since the other thread has been locked, i guess we're not supposed to talk about it anymore, but it was really the party of a lifetime. THANKS SO MUCH to Steph & Joel at Footwork - Joel kept the house-vibe going for us til the very end. Baby Joel's got MAD SKILLZ YO!technics1200 who knew??

What was the last track Joel?
The Footwork boys lifted my spirits after a soul-crushing night with Francois & Joe. Thanks a KAGILLION to the FW staff who stayed up way past their bedtime for us poor, poor lost souls. sob sob.

Thanks for the pics Dave... I'll post a link to mine when I get back from North Bay. Hm. I'm not sure what to do with myself here. I seem to be either sleeping or eating. I think I want a snack. And then I'll go to bed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
Yep exactly Deevah, for fucks sake, yeah it was poorly organised, But the music was amzzing, peeps were, as always up for it...

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
Had lots of fun. Met some really cool people. I was messed by the time I got to 99, but nowhere as near as messy as my shoes were from the brief time spent @ 99

Good times all around and great tunes at both venues (99 especially of course)

Anyone know if it was a track @ footwork that sampled "Fire in Cairo" by the cure? or was it just a looped sample of the "F-I-R-E-I-N-C-A-I-R-O" portion of the original track...it was dope either way

Matt

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Francois K and Joe Claussell photos

130563342_f2a56ab573.jpg

Monsieur K started the night off all chill-like. it was a grumble of house. a hint of funk. it made me insane right away. i knew we were in for *something*.

130563343_eae1a759dd.jpg

this one's a tad blurry, but the move is so typical François K. LOVES IT.

130563341_3c10086f39.jpg

Francois kept fuckin with his glasses and checking what time it was. i couldn't help myself to a pic.

130563340_7ae56b44f3.jpg

god bless Francois K and Joe Claussell. preachin. amen.

130563338_1646eee91c.jpg

THANK YOU to François K and Joaquin "Joe" Claussell for an amazing night. I can only hope that its unfortunate end won't affect their return to the city... SOON.

Thanks to Aleks for the lightshine. The pictures turned out really well!! I haven't watched the 20 second clip i shot... They played some fuckin classics.

I found the sound kind of sucked if you were standing anywhere but right in front - not that you'd want to be anywhere else, really. We had quite the little dance party going on in there. I almost got Mike Gleeson to get naked. The night didn't quite last long enough. dagnabbit!

Thanks again to Footwork for being our knights in shining armor.
LE SIGH!!

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
It was hot in there! Look at the top half of FK's shirt --soaked, and he wasn't even dancing. My shirt was drenched by shutdown time at 3:30. I can only imagine how sopping wet I'd be if the party went all night as planned.

Sooo glad I got there early to catch all that I could. Amazing music, amazing vibe, great party.

*sigh*

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
i was *so* looking forward to the nakedness that would've ensued.
dammit!
;)
weeeeee!
In fact, I *was* planning to get naked around 5:00 and do the Watusi at the front.

Yet another reason this party ended too soon! :D

grit

TRIBE Member
davehill79 said:
Yep exactly Deevah, for fucks sake, yeah it was poorly organised, But the music was amzzing, peeps were, as always up for it...

funny i thought the music ranged from average house to brutal, souless hard beats by francois. i wouldn't even call it techno. the music was NOTHING compared to what it could have been with those two.

why not

TRIBE Member
grit said:
funny i thought the music ranged from average house to brutal, souless hard beats by francois. i wouldn't even call it techno. the music was NOTHING compared to what it could have been with those two.

stop being such a snob.
yes, francois played some dubby percussion based shit that is pretty close to tribal, but body & soul was always about that kind of crazy-quilt approach - it was never supposed to be just soulful house.
i never made it to body & soul, but everyone i know who went was impressed mainly by the eclecticness - everything from tribal to garage to disco to reggae to techno to fucking lenny kravitz (apparently joe could destroy the room with Are You Going My Way).

(don't worry roger, it's all love, but they were working that room like a motherfucker and you know it)

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
grit can have whatever opinion he wants - i reserve the right to think a DJ sucked - you don't have to agree with him...

i was into Francois' set from the get-go. if you weren't standing right infront of them, the sound and vibe were completely different. all of us up front just KNEW that we were in for something crazy. it was building to chaos - i'm sure by the morning we would've been beaten and exhausted. oh wells.

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
grit said:
grit, has there been even a single event in the past year where you actually thought the music was stellar? If there was, please mention it because the only reviews I ever read from you seem to ALWAYS crap on the music.

(exception Theo Parrish, I recall you might have offered some faint praise there)