• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Picotto, Liebing, GAETANO PARISIO, and Greg Gow @ Guv/ Haus?

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
i cannot go back into that place. ever.
come visit me patrick and see leibing at Aria on the 24th!!! fuck the other monkeys. it's all about leibing.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
80schild.jpg

alas... montreal is too far away.. moodsy. otherwise.. I'd be there in 2 shakes of a lambs tail.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
I know, but I don't want to see liebing, I want to hear Gaetano and Gow.
Out of curiousity, are you not a fan of Liebing's style or do you just really want to hear those others? I'm asking because I am not exactly sure what to expect from Liebing.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdRiaN
Out of curiousity, are you not a fan of Liebing's style or do you just really want to hear those others? I'm asking because I am not exactly sure what to expect from Liebing.

Perhaps this is misguided, but I am expecting really hard, shranz techno from Liebing. bang bang bang, no funk. not my cup of tea at all...

I peeked at Mauro's latest top 10 and was surprised - lots of tunes I recognize/own, so he could be better than the time I heard him before.

and I love Gaetano - he has never disappointed me.

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Perhaps this is misguided, but I am expecting really hard, shranz techno from Liebing. bang bang bang, no funk. not my cup of tea at all...

I peeked at Mauro's latest top 10 and was surprised - lots of tunes I recognize/own, so he could be better than the time I heard him before.

and I love Gaetano - he has never disappointed me.

he's gotten a lot softer, don't expect to hear the real bangin schranz material like amok or wittekind by leibing. he's toned down a lot since he's started doing all those remixes and colaberations lately (umek, beyer, etc etc etc). he's still an amazing dj and not someone toronto brings in for the 1000x this year.

http://speedyj.com/archiv.mp3.files/sb-chris_liebing.mp3

listen for yourself. and you be the judge. lately he's been doing a lot of back to back sets with mauro, so i found it weird that they're not in the same room this time around.

to me it's funky tribal with a bit of an edge.

Last edited:

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tommysmalls
from the livesets and performances i have caught, liebing is way funkier than gaetano.

Are you serious?! awww shit. I made other plans b/c I didn't think I wanted to hear liebing and gaetano was too expensive.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I used to ask myself the same question ... in regards to you, Skip.

what was your usual response ?

"... uhh, ok. why don't you go and smoke some more pot and get more paranoid!?"

:D

funny how you're the pot thread mack daddy now. :)