• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Phunkfest II review

joey

TRIBE Member
i really should have slept after nightmare and not spend the whole day drinking...

I had a great time until 3 when the booze started to wear off..
then i got TIRED....

but as everyone has said krafty kuts was SICK!

SOOOOOO many familiar faces there (board and non board a like) which made it extra good!

too bad there wasn't any Red Bull in the house. I had to settle for guru and vodka.

braykbeit

TRIBE Member
The Good:

Krafty Kuts was incredible... how 'bout that Blondie "Rapture" mix... eh? eh?

Dan's set was perfection as always.

The Bad:

System could use a couple more bassbins. Everything always sounds thin there.

The Ugly:

Why do they make you drink Rev out of a glass at System? Especially a glass that only holds 2/3's of a Rev. A Rev that they just charged you $7 for. That's really irritating!

ghetto_ama

TRIBE Member
The evening started out kinda sketchy, my friend Skannon was suppose to drive me - then she called to say she wasnt. Kellan drove all the way from T-Ho back to Mississauga to get and then Skannon showed up at the venue. *shakes fist at Skannon* You dirty ho yOu! But no matter... the party was kickin and tight.

I had no idea who was spinnin and when, but all I kno is I couldn't stop dancing ... and it was so muthafucking hot in there. But I jus kept dancing and dancing and dancing. Breaks are jus too much fun - and I saw all these people I knew. Kevin let me smell him - and goddamn does he have a nice man-bwoY smell (we had sketchy talks - don't worry about it) ... KevarOO I will have to smell yOU again sometime soon. Getting to see my crack brOther Jon .. and dancing a storm up with him. I think the best was when that RUN DMC track came on .... Karen and I jus fucking busted a mOve. Then I saw Kalen and Arisa from that U8TV show .. and I flipped out. Hahha .. I think Im the only geek who watches that show every dya.

Altho I had been out every single night til like 4-5 am every night ... I couldnt stop myself from dancing. Breaks has more of a natural high for me. Anyhow ... I will be going to Systems mOre often.

The only boo-urns about this night, which has nothing to do with the party. Kellan's car got towed whiCh had my wallet, house keys - everything. I was FrEAKING out. Luckily we got it back, $135 later... and learned NEVER to park where we parked again.

YAY PHUNKFEST.

-Ama

PS - Breaker girls and bwoys are the hOttest. Troo say. (LOL)

ghetto_ama

TRIBE Member
PPS. Meghin it was nice meeting you AGAIN .. hahah your so damned cute ya fucking drunkard. I promise yOu - we need to get drunk together but its good times. Oh yea... good times inndeed.

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ghetto_ama:

til like 4-5 am every night ... I couldnt stop myself from dancing. Breaks has more of a natural high for me. Anyhow ... I will be going to Systems mOre often.

Kellan's car got towed whiCh had my wallet, house keys - everything. I was FrEAKING out. Luckily we got it back, $135 later... and learned NEVER to park where we parked again.

YAY PHUNKFEST.

-Ama

PS - Breaker girls and bwoys are the hOttest. Troo say. (LOL)
</font>
haha........my car got towed when i was at breakzfest last summer! Crazy night! But fun. It only had to get towed to the opossite side of the friggin' city!! I thought it got stolen, so i was relieved after we called all the tow company's. Thanx again Chris and Leo...they got my car bak, and drove our retarded asses to go get it.

were u wearing a blue visor??? And yes i agree......mmmmmmm........yum......breaker boyz..*droolz*. I must admit there's lotza cute breaker chiks too. But i'm into the boyz!

*jen*

phoomshrace

TRIBE Member
maaaaaaaan - i had SUCH a good time on sunday it was sick! Krafty Kutz blew my mind with all those old school cuts, or maybe they were remixes i dunno- dope nonetheless. There should be a party like that @ least once a month. Did you check out that red disco ball? that thing was trippy. DEfinitely had the best time from like 4.30 on, once things had cleared out a little. big up to all the late night cru and the other dj's - hope you pop out those "special" records you saved for sunday night @ some of the weeklies =) PEACE

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
What a perfect way to end the long weekend! After spending the day shopping along Queen then hitting up the BlackBull for some patio action, we decided to venture on over to System for Phunkfest. Familiar faces, cold drinks and sweet sweet breaks was what had me smiling from the time I got there until I left. It was nice seeing the krew in full effect as well as meeting some new faces...pb4ugo2bed
Jen*breakz btch*, a pleasure seeing your sexy ass, as always! Robb G, you always bring a smile to my face, I could watch you dance all nite!
Paul(you lurker)my sugardaddy *LOL* and Ritika mah partner in crime...always an adventure with you guys!
I don't know what others are talking about in regards to D-Monic's set, I loved it! He totally picked things up for me and had me going nutz, especially when he dropped Madonna's Like a Prayer...OMG!!!! I LOVE THAT TRACK!
There was also another track he played that I wish I could remember, all I know is it had some CRAZY FUNKY BASSLINE!!! Sooooo gooood!
Overall a perfect end to my long weekend.

Goldilocks &lt;-------lovin those breaker boyz

ghetto_ama

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by breakz_btch:

were u wearing a blue visor??? And yes i agree......mmmmmmm........yum......breaker boyz..*droolz*. I must admit there's lotza cute breaker chiks too. But i'm into the boyz!

*jen*

</font>
nope - no blue visor fOr me. i was wearing this cute lil' Roxy oldskOOl jersey/halter top type thing w/ Roxy jeans and these white fake Adidas type shOes. Was mostly at the back where the tables and chairs were dancin w/ my friends. We found a spot where there was a LITTLE bit of air conditioner. LOL sO fuckin sad - but so fuckin goOd.

-Ama

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
^^^^ hmmm........i dunno.....i was kinda out of it at somepoints. I had on kinda fake adidas shoes too!! lol...OMG, too many posts from me in this thread.....Sorry....i'm obsessed.haha!

*jen*

ecstasy riot

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ghetto_ama:
PPS. Meghin it was nice meeting you AGAIN .. hahah your so damned cute ya fucking drunkard. I promise yOu - we need to get drunk together but its good times. Oh yea... good times inndeed.

</font>
Oh geez. But yes drinking is fun. System was a blast!! I loved meeting all you people, again or for the first time. Everyone goes thru the house at one point or antoeer anyway

meghin

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
yeah, it was fun...couldnt stay too long cause i was tired from the rest of the weekend. left @ 2:30...saw shitloads of peeps. yata yata yata
jesse.

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
WOW

what a night!!!
I figured that a lot of people would show up... but I never figured that we would fill System.
This is definately not going to be the last all breaks event.
What is a 4/4 beat anyways?!

pat

ghetto_ama

TRIBE Member
awww meghin...

ill come over sometime - we'll drinkn lots, eat freezies and then go out clubbig or something.

get ghetto - attempt to beat people up, and jus have good drunken fun. what is alcohol for??

*hug

breaks whu?
meghin whu?
alcohol droOl!

-Ama

Spike2

TRIBE Member
That was a wicked night... spent alot of it in the Jungle room, does anybody know the name of the female dj back there? does she play anywhere else in town? she kicked my ass!!!

phoomshrace

TRIBE Member
oh i forgot to ask the most important thing!!! Was phunkphest recorded? It *had* to be...but what decides if tapes are made? I would LOVE to get my hand on krafty kuts set! pleeeeaase =) !!!!!!!!!!!!

mcbee

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robb G:

It was definetly a wise choice because "EVERYONE WAS THERE" I MEAN IT, EVEVYONE!.
</font>

ummm, excuse me robb...but i wasnt' there so 'everyone' was not there!!!

anyways, congrats to the pure phunk and breaksfest crews....sounds like a wicked party! the toronto breaks scene is awesome and parties like this are just a reminder about how great it is!!

and i'm so happy we've FINALLY converted basic to the good side!! kevin's a breaker, kevin's a breaker!!!

and allie - we're so on for continued sunday nite madness!!! this sunday perhaps??

sarah

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mcbee:
ummm, excuse me robb...but i wasnt' there so 'everyone' was not there!!!</font>
Sorry Sarah... the general consensus is that since you voluntarily missed the breaks party of the year, you have been put down to the bottom of the list.

You'll need to work extra hard from here on in to re-establish yourself and to regain your spot in the breaks scene hierarchy.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D-Monic:
Sorry Sarah... the general consensus is that since you voluntarily missed the breaks party of the year, you have been put down to the bottom of the list.

You'll need to work extra hard from here on in to re-establish yourself and to regain your spot in the breaks scene hierarchy.

</font>
pfft!!!!
whatevah!!
just come to vital tomorrow nite and i'll make it up to you guys, k?

sarah&lt;---is very sad she missed breaksfest but is very happy she flew to vancouver to surprise her two best friends she hasn't seen in a year and a half