• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

PHPBB Help

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
http://www.invictus-guild.net

So this is my Warcraft guild website.

It got "touched" last week on the day I was going to upgrade to the newest version as a security measure.

I'm now locked out of my Admin Panel.

I'm a n00b when it comes to PHP, I was just Admin'ing the board while the guy who built the site is on vacation.....so I'm stuck.

Help?

Hypnotoad

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
http://www.invictus-guild.net

So this is my Warcraft guild website.

It got "touched" last week on the day I was going to upgrade to the newest version as a security measure.

I'm now locked out of my Admin Panel.

I'm a n00b when it comes to PHP, I was just Admin'ing the board while the guy who built the site is on vacation.....so I'm stuck.

Help?
I'm not sure what you mean by touched exactly, but if you are locked out you should be able to login to the database and change the password there. If you don't have access to that, you will probably have to contact the server admin to reset the password in the db.

Also, don't youse PhPBB. It has security holes large enough to drive a mac truck through. :)

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yeah I know.....but I wasn't the one who set it up.

By touched I mean that someone hacked in and changed a few things, didn't destroy any data, but altered the page and put up a "Hacked by Usermode" image where my Admin Panel link was.....therefore locking me out.

Ok, I'll contact the site admin and get him to change the Database password.....hopefully I can then get in.

Why do companies make software with security holes? Seriously.....

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I tried that....it takes me right back to the forum index.

When it first got changed, I could access my browser history to get into the Admin Panel...but then my machine locked up and needed to be rebooted and trying to log in again skipped me right to the forum index.

Bah...our security guy is supposed to be looking at it this weekend.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain