• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

photos from iran

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Look at all those terrarists!!!! Let's go blow them up!!!!

Tehran kinda looks like Vancouver, especially with those mountains in the background.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
So Iran is basically just like here.............except it's still the 80s?

Pesar_Dizini.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:
Yeah, damn terraforming weapons.

Hey Keith, remember when Iraq had crazy mountains too? And the Americans turned the moon around, exposing the particle beam array and vaporised Iraq's topography? Iraq used to have one of the densest rain forests in the world...and now look what they've done. Iraq is now made of sand and hatred. What'll they think of next, eh?

I kind of remember Iraq being poor, fucked up country for ten years before America got ahold of it...something to do with sanctions or something....or maybe it was the extremely violent war with Iran. (But yes, Iraq was nice too, not as nice as Iran though)

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I heard Iraq was really nice thousands of years ago before they tried to mess with the rivers, flooded the nutrients out of their soil, and had to cope with living in a fucking desert!!!

Crazy Iraqis.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
I heard Iraq was really nice thousands of years ago before they tried to mess with the rivers, flooded the nutrients out of their soil, and had to cope with living in a fucking desert!!!

Crazy Iraqis.

todays Iron Chef America secret ingredient:

iran.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
I just remembered...Saddam DID use (for real) a terraforming weapon. It was against the "Marsh Arabs" who opposed him--or backed the Shi'ite uprising in 91. He dammed these two rivers and totally cut this huge population off from water, causing a mass famine.

How's THAT for counter insurgency?

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^^

Takin cues from American military planning from the Vietnam era -> "draining the swamp", but literally instead of figuratively... though sure 'nuff dams got bombed in SE asia too..

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^^

Takin cues from American military planning from the Vietnam era -> "draining the swamp", but literally instead of figuratively... though Im sure 'nuff dams got bombed in SE asia too..

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Speaking of Iraqi dams...does anybody remember the crisis during the first Gulf War when the Iraqis were lobbing SCUDs at Israel, and the Arab coalition partners were gonna bail if Israel retalliated?

I remember wondering "WTF could Israel hit that isn't already targeted by the Americans? Why even bother?" Well I found out a few years ago...The Israelis were gearing up for a deterance preservation strike that was going to target one or two dams, which would have killed roughly 10,000 people! Can you fucking imagine? Maybe, MAAAYBE if there were chemicals in those warheads. But Israel takes the concept of deterence very, very far--outside the traditional framework usually used for such things.

I gues it's the "small guys have to act tough"....The Israeli military...small *only* technically.

randyval

TRIBE Member
i actually thought about posting it in the gen forum, but figured it would degenerate into a political discussion.
call me cynical:p

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
I'd definately like to go there. Looks super nice.
if it weren't for my being from the West and sounding like an American, i might like to visit as well.. although judging based on pictures of the capital is not the greatest idea, as those who have travelled in China will attest..

Shanghai: beautiful

most other urban areas: not

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
So Iran is basically just like here.............except it's still the 80s?

Pesar_Dizini.jpg

he's saying over his cell phone ( in a really heavy persian accent) "hi Yasmine, yes its oscar, please bring me and Sharif some grapes, we are on the double black diamond hill, right at the base, you cant miss us im the one in the incredibly ghey pose"

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
SellyCat said:
Speaking of Iraqi dams...does anybody remember the crisis during the first Gulf War when the Iraqis were lobbing SCUDs at Israel, and the Arab coalition partners were gonna bail if Israel retalliated?

I remember wondering "WTF could Israel hit that isn't already targeted by the Americans? Why even bother?" Well I found out a few years ago...The Israelis were gearing up for a deterance preservation strike that was going to target one or two dams, which would have killed roughly 10,000 people! Can you fucking imagine? Maybe, MAAAYBE if there were chemicals in those warheads. But Israel takes the concept of deterence very, very far--outside the traditional framework usually used for such things.

I gues it's the "small guys have to act tough"....The Israeli military...small *only* technically.

This is the nation that welded the phrase "Never Again" on their first nuke. That speaks volumes about their perspective.
They are not a large nation - one of their best (worst) defenses is a percieved willingness to go to violent extremes if threatened.

Last edited: