• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

photorealistic portraits of burn victims

CO2

TRIBE Member
:(

Reminds me of that girl who had all her body burned after a drunk driver hit her car.

So sad.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Bumbaclat said:
amazing in what way? honest question.
The story along with the painting bring about the feeling of fraility, fleeting life, changed paths, support, and over coming a tragedy. Thats how I just viewed it at least. Seems pretty powerful and amazing to me.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Kalemic said:
The story along with the painting bring about the feeling of fraility, fleeting life, changed paths, support, and over coming a tragedy. Thats how I just viewed it at least. Seems pretty powerful and amazing to me.
good answer...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
why not just take a photo of them and fuck with it in photoshop?
Photorealism:

As a style, Photorealism has a few detractors, who often dismiss it as pointless, or non-art. They fail to realize that many photorealistic paintings are not mere copies of photographs, but interpretations of reality based on the artist's vision. The act of merely copying a photograph has no artistic merit except to hone one's artistic skills. Most of my aviation paintings would be impossible to photograph, such as Timing is Everything for example. This painting of Tica is not just a copy of a photograph, but is a product of many artistic decisions, whereas I deviated from the reference photo for more aesthetic appeal.

Often, the artist's deviation from the reference material is unconscious. Despite my best efforts, my own unconscious stylization creeps into all of my work, and it is a struggle to keep it subdued.

Photographic reference is almost always used as a guide by photorealists, but becomes less necessary as an artist gains proficiency, and understanding of the elements of photorealism. While reading the list of the elements of realism, consider that no other artistic style demands so much of an artist. Photorealism is by far, the most difficult artistic style to master.
http://www.drublair.com/workshops/tica.html

Thats just a page that I googled, a little over the top at the end. But I have a friend who does work like that, and thats basically the main reasoning behind it. I realize that these paintings were of actual subjects, but she can do a painting straight from her mind to the canvas without any subjects and have it look like a photo. Pretty neat.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
why not just take a photo of them and fuck with it in photoshop?
Clearly this artist has been strongly motivated by his own life experiences, and bringing meaning to those experiences, for him, is through painting. I think it's a sensitive and worthwhile effort! :)

acheron

TRIBE Member
Oh, I know... just having a little troll. I've seen some awesome photorealistic stuff recently, both painted and digital. As a photographer I like to nudge the photorealists a bit but I totally respect their work.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
Oh, I know... just having a little troll. I've seen some awesome photorealistic stuff recently, both painted and digital. As a photographer I like to nudge the photorealists a bit but I totally respect their work.
You were trolling after the times that Jeff has gotten you? That seems a little silly don't you think?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
....As a burn victim, I don't think it's appropriate to look at burn victims for entertainment.

However if it's to revel in the beauty of obvious imperfection, and unfortunate human circumstances, that's a different story.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Or it's just merely an unconventional subject matter. Not all art has to be sensitive or try to highlight the beauty of the supposed "abnormal."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders