• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

PHOTEK and MIXOLOGISTS

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
What can be said. Soons they opened the main room it was starting to get on. Only problem was it took them a while to let the sound system roll. I am not saying they should kill it but they should have had it a touch louder so you can feel the bass. By the time the Mixologists came on it was full on. I was totally impressed with them and it was great to hear some team turntablism done to jungle. They really got serious with the tunes too.

Photek is still an amazing producer. When he dropped his new tracks they just killed the room. Massive Massive tracks this dude makes and they just owned. He was pretty good as a DJ too and I had a great time. Took off after about a half our of Markus but he was taking it home.

I still think bringing DnB to system on Saturdays is the best idea.

It was also wicked to run into a bunch of the techno heads lastnight.

:)

JK

TRIBE Promoter
I wish I didn't miss this :(
Photek is one of the best producers out there...
His Science releases still amaze me.

Last edited:

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
photek has made many a bad tune as well though.

some of the shit on Modus Operandi is phenomenal, and other stuff on it is completely unlistenable.

his house tracks about 5 years ago weren't all that great either.

he's still a thumbs up in my book though....your bound to make the odd bad track when you're trying to be creative in a genre where that isn't exactly top priority.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
people go on and on about how photek is an icredible producer but the fact is he hasn't made a good tune since Solaris...he's one of those amazing and unique dnb producers to turn to the proverbial "darkside"...like Jonny L he just got went downhill...

glad everybody had fun though:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mr. Magyar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
people go on and on about how photek is an icredible producer but the fact is he hasn't made a good tune since Solaris...he's one of those amazing and unique dnb producers to turn to the proverbial "darkside"...like Jonny L he just got went downhill...
That's because people are holding on to what used to be.