• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Phone #

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I need to know of any competitor's of Bell Canada other than Sprint (I've already tried them)

.....basically Bell is forcing me to change my phone # after 7 years.

Initially I got the number when I lived at Dixie & Bloor, moved to Cawthra & Lakeshore, from there to Port Credit. Now I am staying in Port Credit, just moving a little north of the QEW and they are forcing me to change my number.

Sprint says that if I go with them I can keep my number but the service isn't available until March. (I'm moving Feb 21)

I do not understand this. How can Sprint allow me to keep my number but Bell force me to change it.

Any suggestions on who else to call.

I don't want to change my number :mad:

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl
I
I do not understand this. How can Sprint allow me to keep my number but Bell force me to change it.
is your phone number something like
1-800-BELLCAN ?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
smartass.jpg

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
125 views and only 2 suggestions

Thanks Tribe :rolleyes:

I'll call AT & T, but if it's in any way affiliated with Rogers it may cause a huge moral dilema for me.

Rogers vs. Bell

which is the bigger asshole?

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
why are they asking you to change it? it seems pretty unfiar of them to do this. if you end up being forced to change it i would demand compensation for the hassle, aggravation and inconvenience of it all. i'd be really pissed if they tried to do this to me.

...and bell is definitely and bigger evil than rogers imo.

-good luck!

KiFe

TRIBE Member
125 views and only 2 suggestions

Thanks Tribe :rolleyes:

From a message board with over a bagillion views a month, you are expecting far too much.

help yourself... sheesh! :rolleyes:

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
dont believe sprint when they tell you that they can get you that same phone number even if you move.
they told me that and then ended up giving me a different number anyway. total bullshit.
they basically have to request the number from Bell and Bell can say no, just cuz.
then you're s.o.l.

(i know alot of people who have stayed at the same residence but just changed from bell to sprint and were able to keep their number, but the situation changes if youre moving)

AVE

TRIBE Member
thats bullshit.

with LNP(local number portablility), you should be able to keep your number anywhere in the area, regardless of the switches in your local CO.

call Bell and tell them to fuck off.

sincerely,

bell tech #1

Poot

TRIBE Member
Doesn't Toronto work on a grid system? Various numbers (the first three digits thereof, anyways) are associated with a particular neighbourhood, and when you leave this zone you have no choice but to change it?

I moved 4 km - from King & Dufferin to King & Yonge and had to change my number...

Last edited:

AVE

TRIBE Member
^nope.

LNP changed all that. if they tell you otherwise they are lying through their teeth

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
^^^but how do I get them to let me keep my number?

tell them to fuckk off will get me nothing but a disconnected service?

AVE

TRIBE Member
ok, i just had a word with my boss about this.

apparently, if you want LNP, the bastards charge you for it !

so, sorry, but unless you want to be charged(no idea what the cost is, but i imagine its an option such as call waiting) your number will have to be changed.

fucking Bell screws everyone(including their employees)

edit: and sorry to get your hopes up, but i don't work on the customer side of Bell, so although i know any NNX can be used in any switch, i didn't realize the cunts cahrged you

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
^^^well that explains it a little better.

They told me I could do it if I was a business and wanted to pay an extra few hundred bucks per month

I was excited about moving,

now I am so frustrated.

Now Rogers is trying to tell me that I need my landlord to sign something stating he will be responsible for my internet bill.......

Like WTF? Why can't they just put in a new line in my name.

ARGH

crave_e

TRIBE Member
okay I work for AT&T/Allstream.
First off, we do not do residential service. A few years ago we did, but we sold that business off.

AT&T/Allstream (we changed our name) only works with Enterprise Cusotmers.
For now, Sprint Canada is the only CLEC (competitive local exchange carrier) that does residential.

There are ways you can skirt the rules.
If you want I may be able to LNP your number as a business number. You will pay a better rate $32.00 a month, but the only issue is that once Allstream takes over your number it becomes a business number, and can NEVER be ported over to a residential carrier.

Also, there may be a technical issue with LNP numbers from different Central Offices. (sorry to get technical) but if you are moving to another C/O, don't think you can LNP your number.

An alternative will be looking at alternative providers. Primus (talk broadband, and Vonage (out of the US). They allow you to keep your number as well as run IP Telephony.

YES. YES...I am a telecommunication Geek.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
i moved my bell service from queens quay / spadina over to king / sudbury and was able to keep my same number

did they tell you WHY they have to change it? the person who told you they have to change it probably doesnt even know, or understand why ;p

Snapper

TRIBE Member
[BNow Rogers is trying to tell me that I need my landlord to sign something stating he will be responsible for my internet bill.......

Like WTF? Why can't they just put in a new line in my name.

ARGH [/B]

This is true, if your landlord is agreeing to pay for your internet service, your landlord needs to sign something so that Rogers can create a new account under his name so Rogers can send him the internet bill.