• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Phil Weeks - El Footwork

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
just a quick one, Phil weeks is awesome..... Yet again the atmosphere at footworks was electric... People were up for it, a little more than normal, which was dope....... Gleeson & Hali, warmed the crowd up, NICELY, very fucking NICELY... Then Enter the frenchman, holy crap, he looked as though as he was enjoying it, nearly as much as when Justin Long was here, it must be a robsoul thing...

top work people.... Got well trashed, although can rememeber the night a little more than last time i was here....... Sweet to meet all the people that I met last night... Word to you all...

Whoot Whoot Whoot.... top work footwork

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Wasn't going to come out as I was at a thing until late but very glad I did.

Phil oh my god!!!!!

Didn't stay too long as I was exhausted but saw a lot of friends and people I haven't seen in ages.

Phil oh my god!!!!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
So come december I know that this will be in my Top 3 Jams of 2006..hands down.

I had so much fun!
Once again Mike "The Hobbit Professor" Gleeson turned it up to 11! I still maintain he should be making instructional video's on how to work a mixer!

Phil..oh phil..."I'm Phil weeks, and I'm baaaack!" Yes sir you were, and for like 3 hours you beat the shit out me. His music was magic, it was just fucking fantastic.

High fives to Footwork for still being a great place to party! Everyone of their staff rocks. From bouncers to barstaff, all of em are awesome!

Long standing high fives and an added "booyah!" go to the Cheese (superstarrockstar!), Foxyrae (happy birthday hotsutff), PP and Fez, Misskriss (lookin so good..melts!), bettec (I misss you kiddo), Sneaky Pete (ninja's can dance!), Sager, EK

Top 3..guarenteed.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Showed up at 1. Had to wait in line. First time I have ever had to wait in line at footwork. Once inside I could see why. It was pretty packed.

My first time catching Phil Weeks. I was impressed. He was sufficiently hard enough to keep my interest for a good 3 hours of dancing.

Overall I had an awesome night. It seems every time I go to footwork I have a great time. Maybe that is a clue to go more often.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i can't stop dancing. this party put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step that will last me a few weeks. i met so many fantastic kiddies! Phil Weeks was fuckin wicked. dude was ADORABLE and was happy to be there.

i took about 3 rolls of Polaroid pics last night. thanks to those who played along - i'll scan them as soon as i can... they all turned out SO WELL!
so many pretty peeps!

after a while i had to put the camera down and dance though.
and dance i did... til the music faded - there were still lots of crazy kids on the dancefloor at the end of the night. Phil didn't seem to want to leave the decks - Jason Hodges kicked it up a few notches and Mr. Weeks was all over it. such a cool party.

i'm sure we'd all still be dancing if they'd let the party go on.
The funk lives, bitches.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Prickly Pete said:
Showed up at 1. Had to wait in line. First time I have ever had to wait in line at footwork.
yeah, the line is all i saw of footwork last night!!

we very obnoxiously and tardily showed up just after 1am, waited in line obnoxiously, and obnoxiously decided to leave after about 25 minutes of waiting and barely moving an inch.

fahck. wish we'd showed up earlier!

good to hear it was a jam inside, though.

:)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I like hearing there's a line at 1am! props to footwork...it's one venue in our city I'd really really miss if it closed.

bettEC

TRIBE Member
What a night! Thanks to good friends (mwah Timmah), new friends and excellent djs, music... I was groovin' the whole time. Lots of (positive) comments on Mike's harder set. PW was quite obviously a hit with the crowd. Footwerk just keeps getting better. Congrats Steph & Joel. :) Happy birthday K-girl! Hope you enjoyed your night sweetness!

Only regret: not taking more pictures...

Look ma, no eyes:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sweetbabu

TRIBE Member
I had such a wicked time. got there early which seemed like a good decision. The whole night owned, such nice cats and crazy tunes all night. Haven't been to footwork since Justin long however planning to go again for Diz in April.
Going to the back of the room every 20 mins to stand in front of the fan was a godsend.

Good evening again!!

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Saturday was my first time at Footwork & I loved it. Got there fairly early and there was no line. Started dancing pretty much right away and found it hard to stop. Music was great (i'd never seen Phil Weeks before, but I was impressed), friendly people, club was pretty full but I never had a problem having enough room to dance. I'll definitely be back! :)

Mariazmess-I remember you & your camera-you took a pic of my friends & I. Not sure who wound up with it at the end of the night & I didn't get a chance to see how it turned out.

Davehill79-Nice meeting & hanging out with you at various points in the evening. (this is Kiran)

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
Good times, and probably one of the best times I had at Footwork! I dance my ass off again, because Phil played some great house! such a treat to have been there for Fred Everything, and then going off to Phil a week later.

I very much enjoyed this night. Happy Birthday to Foxy Rae (Kelly)! It was great to spend sunday with ya'll- it's been awhile! :)

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
the gatekeeper said:
Mariazmess-I remember you & your camera-you took a pic of my friends & I. Not sure who wound up with it at the end of the night & I didn't get a chance to see how it turned out.
i have them all - i'll be scanning and posting them ASAP! keep an eye out - i'll be sure to post a link in this thread. they all turned out AWESOME (except for the one where i'm getting a kiss from Phil Weeks! of course that's the one i have to be making a kissy face that looks like a terrified face :mad:... BOO!) - i can't wait to get them all in!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
who are these folks? the guy on the left kinda looks like a stormshadow/~atp~ lovechild.

HOLY FUCK!

i was JUST thinking the EXACT same thing yesterday.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
It was great to spend sunday with ya'll- it's been awhile! :)
It certainly has :(

Had every intention of making it out but the migraine I had been nursing for 3 days took over. I thought a nap would help, and it did. Unfortunately I didn't wake up till Sunday morning.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
i have them all - i'll be scanning and posting them ASAP! keep an eye out - i'll be sure to post a link in this thread. they all turned out AWESOME (except for the one where i'm getting a kiss from Phil Weeks! of course that's the one i have to be making a kissy face that looks like a terrified face :mad:... BOO!) - i can't wait to get them all in!
Cool! Can't wait to see them! :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders