• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Petition to ALEX D!!!! change the name of this room!!

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
I sorry I've had it with this UK G ting....

I'm not English, nor do i speak with a fake accent

I would listen to this music even if it was created buy 2 crazy hindu monks from Cambodia

I was lucky enuff to go to WMC and find out people from all over the world listen and love this kind of music

UKG is the worst catch name cause it give the impression that if I'm not from LONDON I'm not allowed to enjoy the MUSIC

THATS BULLSHIT!!!

So Im asking everybody that posts in this room, even if u have a casual interest in this room to ask Alex to change the name too

UNDERGROUND GARAGE

It's much better cause it doesnt show any geographical boundry and its genric enuff to do justice for all the sub genres that come with it.

stand up and be Counted!!!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
...they still call it UKG over in the UK and on all their boards...

...'Underground Garage' to me denotes a mix of semi obscure 4/4 US and UK garage house tracks...much like you hear at RinseIt and Scandal's 'Reach' nights...the next one is April 17th by the way...

...this board still is mostly concerned with two step so it does not really apply...

...don't confuse the fans!...

wiley120_16252781.jpg

Thunder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by FLIRT Crew
because then people would be asking: "What's going on at Roxy tonight?"

I don't get it, would be people be asking what's going on at Roxy tonight because of 416 Garage?

And if so
so what?

Why isn't there a "UG" night there?
That would be sweet!

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
...Reach is the orignal Underground Garage night you silly goose...crowds keep getting bigger...April 17th...dangerous tunes...

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
...you need pics to reach Reach?...good god almighty...just think about the intimate venue...tunes you can hear NOWHERE else in the city...and some of the hottest dj's in the GTA...oh my...I'll throw some pics up in a hot minute anyways...

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
id be down with calling it something else,
garage, something, anything.
but not until i get my coveted Panzer Step
room that will exist in limbo between the trance and hardcore rooms.

FLIRT Crew

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
id be down with calling it something else,
garage, something, anything.
but not until i get my coveted Panzer Step
room that will exist in limbo between the trance and hardcore rooms.

'Panzer Step' is SO gay... it should be called 'Underground Panzer Step'.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by FLIRT Crew
'Panzer Step' is SO gay... it should be called 'Underground Panzer Step'.

DJ DerVansterblag and the whole " SA der shizher krew" rinsing it @ C-lounge this friday night!!

thats how it starts, you let these germans make our techno more efficient, then they just take over....

FLIRT Crew

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
DJ DerVansterblag and the whole " SA der shizher krew" rinsing it @ C-lounge this friday night!!

thats how it starts, you let these germans make our techno more efficient, then they just take over....

raver.jpg

"Big up der panzer Schritt-Hornmannschaft!"

olde

TRIBE Member
Since "UK Garage" actually sounds nothing like real garage. I petition you guys to stop using the word garage at all and start calling it what it really is.

Jump up minus 30 bpm

JUM30

there.
you have your new name.
and it could be the catalog number for your first release too.

jordan

olde

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry I've probably heard crap ukg then. I'm ignorant, the only UKG I've ever heard sounds like either poor quality 2step rnb remixes or wobbly jump up pitched down.

educate me, who should I check out to hear something fresh?

jordan

olde

TRIBE Member
anything that sounds original, with or without vocals, but if there are vocals, either the vocals are original or they aren't some recyled rnb loop.
Anything that sounds like it can tell me that UKG wasn't just a silly post-rave fad.

honest i have heard a couple of things that made me look up from my drink a couple times, but those tracks were few and far between. I just want to know what the appeal of this music is.

jordan

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
hey Jordan.

Nice to see that your ears are open at least ;)

try anything by MJ Cole or Wookie for some quality vocal stuff - even their commercial remixes are good.

Agent X, Wideboys, Tuff Jam, DnD are some other personal faves.

Granted a lot of stuff is RnB tinged (and a lot of it poor - as in any genre really), but the gems are still gems.

The appeal to me is the singability + the "attitude" in the bassline + the swung (usually) beat pattern.

olde

TRIBE Member
I have nothing against RnB in per se. As long as it's not slow jams, I'm down. I guess I Just so much UKG that sounded like RnB with a 2 step rhythm that it got it into my head that it was mostly a gimmick.

I will definetly check those tracks out. I have heard some really decent 2 step on B sides of some MOB releases, like Like a Virus and there was this dope 2 step remix of You Got Me Burnin' by Cevin Fisher.

jordan