• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Peter Griffin smokes Homer Simpsons ass

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Im in the middle of some hardcore midterm studying, so naturally im on tribe, pondering completely useless shit.

on that topic, are there any other diehard Simpsons fans that have started to migrate over to Family Guy?

I love them both, but for argument sakes, if u had to pick one, i think i might take family guy.

Although the simpons have way more episodes (family guy is only 3 seasons???), i love the over-the-top satire family guy brings; i think stewey's maliciousness is fuckin hilarious, i love how the dog talks and deals with his drug problems, and i love how Peter is not only incredible dumb, put treats his family like shit, often for the most arbitrary reasons.

family guy is like the simpsons with absolutely no respect for standard social values, and i love it!

simpsons still rox, but character for character I think Family Guy is stronger, and overall a slightly funnier show.

this just took up 10 minutes of study time.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I enjoy family guy and it beats current Simpsons episodes.

But Simpsons overall, character for character, in its prime, is better.

I'd watch a classic Simpsons episode over a Family guy one.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
not that I hate THe Family Guy (I fucking love em) but I would be curious to see the quality of the content that the Family Guy would produce if it were on air for over a decade.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
peter is for sure a ripoff

and i have noticed that family guy often follows the same rough plot outline as many simpsons episodes

nevertheless, im still takin family guy

deep

TRIBE Member
Homer's more lovable I think

It's hard to say Peter Griffin's accomplished more in his short life than Homer has over his

Stewie would kill them both

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I would have to say I laugh out loud more while I'm watching Family Guy, but I don't know which show I would choose. Since I don't have to, I'm a happy man

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam

TRIBE Member
The Simpsons is definitely more classic than the Family Guy, but Family Guy has more laughs per episode, without a doubt.

Plus, the creativity shown in Family Guy is far and above anything the Simpsons has done. It definitely doesn't appeal to as large an audience, but I'd watch FG over the Simpsons any day.

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
another thought....

maybe family guy only seems better because all of us have seen every simpsons episode at least 30 times.

even the most random quote from simpsons can be dropped in conversation and chances are the other person will not only pick up on it, but will probably know the next line.

no! im here for microwave cookery,

no wait....

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Both are different IMO.

Both are great ;)

Hence why I will own each and every episode of both shows on DVD in the future. Hurry up and release more Simpsons Seasons... 3 isn't enough!

pr0nstar

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spiritual_Thang
maybe family guy only seems better because all of us have seen every simpsons episode at least 30 times.
Thats the best part of Simpsons for me.

It's in my blood. It permeates smoothly into my real life on a very regular basis.

The Peej

TRIBE Member
Family guy is fuckin' BOMB....

but Simpson's wins just from pure AMOUNT of enjoyment they've brought throught the YEARS they've been in my life...

respect your elders!!!!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Peej
but Simpson's wins just from pure AMOUNT of enjoyment they've brought throught the YEARS they've been in my life...
Agreed. Family Guy may even be, joke for joke, funnier.

But Simpsons is just, as mentioned, in my blood.

It's like Star Trek The Next Generation. In many ways it is superior to the original, but will never be as recognized.

Family Guy inherited the surrealism that the Simpsons had for a while, but seems to have completely lost.

I like the Family Guy also because it's a bit more edgier, they seem a bit more open to pissing people off, and maybe not quite as being prone to the "lessons learned" from that episode.

And then there's South Park, which pisses everyone off, makes snide, borderline racist and always offensive comments with brilliant social commentary.

For me:

South Park > Family Guy > The Simpsons

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
The Simpsons is an incredible pop phenomenon that is hard to compare to.

That being said, I was just thinking about this very thing yesterday at work and realized I like The Family Guy a LOT more than the Simpsons.

LALALA.

The end.