• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pet Shop Boys

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
wow.
i never gave these dudes the time of day before, but have been listening to them non-stop for the last 2 weeks.

so good.

i feel like i did when i discovered TALKING HEADS 3 years ago.
and DAFT PUNK 8 years ago!
 

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
sweetdaddy said:
wow.
i never gave these dudes the time of day before, but have been listening to them non-stop for the last 2 weeks.

so good.

i feel like i did when i discovered TALKING HEADS 3 years ago.
and DAFT PUNK 8 years ago!
So young...:cool:

If you like the Pet Shop Boys, give Bronski Beat a try...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Resolver said:
I just watched their Live 8 performance last night on DVD. Yep, these boys are good!
Fantastic performance. 'West End Girls'
(my theme song, incidentally) had me dancing around my kitchen
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
mitsuko souma said:
Fantastic performance. 'West End Girls'
(my theme song, incidentally) had me dancing around my kitchen
I have 8 different remixes of west end girls (pre 1990 mixes). there is an extended instrumental dub mix by shep pettibone that has a piano rif in it that is truly magnificent, if you can score that, it is worth a listen.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
they are a good time in concert, saw them back a couple years at massey hall, good times all around, lots of interaction, and some of the new stuff was really good, but of course they did all their hits, tickets were cheap too, only 70 to go see them!!!


anyways

glad to see you have discovered a new found gem of a group,

myself

i love a group called HARD FI, bought a remix of them, then heard a few others, good stuff, kinda like bloc party, but a bit more all over the place, they will be the next big thing from the uk
 

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
did anyone see them when they performed at the hockey rink next to varsity stadium in maybe 92? (same place they did those mass club monaco sales.) now THAT is how live shows should be done. huge stage production with costume and set changes between each song. it was a musical, but a live concert performance. and still remains one of my all time favourite concerts i've ever seen! and that's just for the spectacle and rarity of it all. they tour rarely.
 
Last edited:

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
I've only heard "Cash Machine". Shit track.

djglobalkiller said:
i love a group called HARD FI, bought a remix of them, then heard a few others, good stuff, kinda like bloc party, but a bit more all over the place, they will be the next big thing from the uk
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
I can't believe "Disco 2" hasn't been mentioned yet

A lot of the choice tunes remixed by names you would now read in Mixmag.

I remember hearing that in grade nine during that early wave of "techno" and being hooked.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
I have 8 different remixes of west end girls (pre 1990 mixes). there is an extended instrumental dub mix by shep pettibone that has a piano rif in it that is truly magnificent, if you can score that, it is worth a listen.
OMG!! I need to go lie down now
 

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
What was the connection betwenn Erasure, Depeche Mode, And PSB again?
Didn't they have a common band member or something?
Is this for the ask Alex D thread, cuz I'm kinda looking at you.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top