• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Persistent Genital Arousal Syndrome

deep

TRIBE Member
Personally, I would have called it "Cat Scratch Fever".

Persistent Genital Arousal In Women, Doctors Uncover New Syndrome

Doctors have identified a new sexual condition affecting women. Tentatively labelled Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome, its primary symptom is relatively constant, unrelieved feelings of genital arousal in the absence of genuine sexual interest or desire.

Writing in the International Journal of STD & AIDS [published by the Royal Society of Medicine], David Goldmeier and Sandra Leiblum said PSAS in women had been unrecognised until now.

“Persistent sexual arousal syndrome occurs when a woman becomes involuntarily aroused for extended periods of time in the absence of sexual desire,” said Dr Goldmeier.

“This genital arousal is highly distressing as it is unprovoked and unrelieved by orgasm,” he said.

The study said it was unclear what the causes of PSAS were although a link to antidepressants has not been ruled out. Clinical observations of the condition have found evidence of engorgement and oedema of the labia, vulva and clitoris.

“Due to the reluctance of women to come forward we are unsure how common the problem is,” said Dr Goldmeier.

“Many women feel embarrassed to talk about the symptoms and those that have come forward have reported a high degree of distress and even sometimes, suicidal thoughts,” he said.

A recent internet survey by Dr Leiblum suggests women with PSAS come from a range of backgrounds and age groups.

“Much remains to be elucidated in regard to PSAS including its prevalence, aetiology and management,” they write.

“It deserves continued research not only since it is such a distressing and perplexing condition, but also because understanding its aetiology and treatment may lead to greater understanding of other aspects of female sexual response.”

Although there is no specific therapy to treat PSAS, Dr Goldmeier has been working with affected women in the UK.

“It is critical that we raise awareness of persistent sexual arousal syndrome amongst clinicians and the general population,” said Dr Goldmeier.

“Women should not feel marginalised by this condition and I urge them to seek assistance,” he said.

Persistent genital arousal in women - a new syndrome entity [PDF 45k]

‘Persistent genital arousal in women - a new syndrome entity' by D Goldmeier and S Leiblum is published in the April issue (Vol. 17) of the International Journal of STD and AIDS.

IJSA is published monthly by the Royal Society of Medicine. Its Editor is Professor Wallace Dinsmore.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
“Many women feel embarrassed to talk about the symptoms and those that have come forward have reported a high degree of distress and even sometimes, suicidal thoughts,” he said.
this part caught my attention, I'm guessing if men were affected there would be NO suicidal thoughts

freshest1

TRIBE Member
Man this guy has rough job, working with super horny women. Trying to find a way for them to feel sexual relief.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
fuck, there's a name for everything now, isn't there.
all made up by the pharmaceuticals industry to sell sugar pills to idiots.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
It's an interesting social insight that women would rather contemplate suicide than down a pitcher at the local bar and take the first guy to her she's pretty home.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Ditto Much said:
I dunno nothing says 'happy math class' like having a random errection for no reason what so fucking ever.
And why was it always math class? I took math straight through university and I have yet to find anything erotic about trinomials.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
And why was it always math class? I took math straight through university and I have yet to find anything erotic about trinomials.

yup and after high school its not like there is any women in a math classes.

And if there is they're litterally surrounded 10 deep by geeks hoping to god to be able to get the courage up to say "hi".

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I blame it on the comment written on my elementry school washroom stall:

add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and multiply.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
fuck, there's a name for everything now, isn't there.
all made up by the pharmaceuticals industry to sell sugar pills to idiots.

where do i buy these sugar pills ? would you suggest i start stockpiling them ? what do i do !!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!!

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
its because math is boring, and usually in the mornings so you relax and bonerjuice rushes into your tallywhacker.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I saw a show about this... wormen were haviing something crazy like 75 orgasms a day and still not getting "relief"

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Rude1_247 said:
It's an interesting social insight that women would rather contemplate suicide than down a pitcher at the local bar and take the first guy to her she's pretty home.
do we really suck that bad as a gender generally? (a rhetorical question...careful ladies!)

d

sugar

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
I get hot in pilates class but thats about it.
Probably from all the clenching of the pelvic floor muscles ;)

Also, I'd think this condition would be pretty uncomfortable. I'd liken it to feeling like you have to pee all the time, but never feeling relief, even when you peed (as in a bladder infection).

lok

TRIBE Member
this condition is fucking awful. I've had select occasions where I've been so horny that even multiple orgasms did nothing to relieve it. I can only imagine how distracting this can be if its actually chronic.