• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Permit street parking

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Is there somewhere where I can grab day passes or whatever for parking on a street where permits are required?

Maui

TRIBE Member
I don't know, but I could use some too. I was so tired after work last week I never got around to paying for my parking and I found a note on my car telling me to get lost. Idiot, guess he doesn't want his money. Now I'm parking on the street at night.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
huh? as i undertand it you take a copy of your lease or mortgage papers proving your address to Schitty Hall along with your registration (also proving your address) from Monday to Friday 9-4, stand in line for two hours and receive a three or six month pass.

no dailies as i remember.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i've been told i look good in off the shoulder numbers, doesn't make it true!

maybe they are available, check out the city of Toronto site...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
ive been told there are day passes

hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, they are available. you have to get them at City Hall though. Go middle of the morning or middle of the afternoon to avoid the crowds. There's a map on the wall with the areas listed, but you can always just ask for the pass for the nearest main intersection. The employee of the month serving you shouldn't give you too much grief.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
good question.

I got a parking ticket once for this very reason.

gaaaaay. stickchick knows nuttin'about street life.

SJN

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
Is there somewhere where I can grab day passes or whatever for parking on a street where permits are required?

Thumpr said:
stand in line for two hours and receive a three or six month pass.

You can get temporary parking permits for a period of up to 8 weeks...the cost is about $15/week. You don't need to prove you live on the street to get the temporary permits.

The 6month or 12month permanent permits are a different story -- for those you need to prove you're a resident in the area.

Contrary to popular belief, these permits are easy (and fast) to get. There is no "two hour" wait -- it's usually a fast line and doesn't take more than 10 minutes or so.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
Yes.

I used to go to the East York location so there was never really a long line, except on 6-month permit renewal day.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
kmac's got the right idea...Dip over to East York Civic Centre (850 Coxwell) and do it up. A day pass for parking is definitely available.