• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

People who dial the wrong number...

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
...and then ARGUE with you how they have the right number.

What the hell? I'm pretty sure I know who can and cannot be reached at my desk phone (i.e. ME AND NOBODY ELSE). I had some chick calling looking for some Luca person (this was the second time) and she starts arguing with me how this was the contact number given to her for Luca. While that may be so, YOU STILL HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER!

My coworker deals with this on a daily basis too, as his number is two digits away from the number for Immigration Canada, and he gets dozens of calls a week from people who can't dial a number right, and then start to argue with him that this should be Immigration. Why would he lie about this if he actually worked for Immigration??

Stupid people piss me off.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
my friend just got a new cell phone.
his number?
697-1111

he had like 8 phone calls in the first five hours for pizza.

sugar

TRIBE Member
My ex's answering machine message used to begin with

"You have reached 555-5555. This is not the Brewer's Retail..."

because the number was like one digit off, so they constantly got calls for the Brewer's Retail (does that even still exist????)

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I get several calls per day for Bell Mobility, because they dial the wrong area code.

Cocksmokers

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

sugar

TRIBE Member
Our toll-free number here at work is one digit off from that of a rehab center in the States. I constantly get calls asking about the process for admitting someone.

We're also two digits off from some credit card company toll-free number, so people call all the time saying they'd like to make a payment. I wish they were making a payment to the Bank of Allison :(

jebac

TRIBE Member
most of the random phone calls i get seem to be from indian people, who start screaming in their native language... then i proceed to tell them they have the wrong number and they just hang up..

-jebac

dynasty

TRIBE Member
the rape crisis centre is currently printing MY phone number on leave behind sheets and also listing it on some websites. I deal with people calling my house all the time. However I have since found the actual number, off by one digit. I give it out to the people calling. I have also called them and asked them to change it numerous times, but we still get calls. I feel for the people on the other end who actually have enough courage to call only to get me saying.. wrong number.
oh well!

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
it's a little off topic but the last two nights in a row at like 11:30 at night two different people have rung my doorbell asking for "mike" the first night and "amy" the second night...

when i tried to explain to them that they must have the wrong house they insisted they had the right address and tried to come in!!

it's just very weird concidering they were both two days in a row at almost the same time of night....and they both creeped me out...

S.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I had some younger girls call me and insist this was so and so's number.

I hung up twice... the third time they called.

I said.. "You have the wrong number, if you call me back, I will call the police and file a report"

They didn't call back...

pr0nstar :D

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
My previous work number was one digit different from the Church of Scientology. Got a few phone calls about it and the person on the other end sounded a little sheepish.

~jen

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~NoCo~
it's a little off topic but the last two nights in a row at like 11:30 at night two different people have rung my doorbell asking for "mike" the first night and "amy" the second night...

when i tried to explain to them that they must have the wrong house they insisted they had the right address and tried to come in!!

it's just very weird concidering they were both two days in a row at almost the same time of night....and they both creeped me out...

S.
I would not answer the door at 11:30 at night. I live in an apartment now, but when I've been in a house or in a less secure apartment, I would never answer the door unless I was expecting someone.

~jen

kat

TRIBE Member
i used to get a lot of calls at work

i have no idea what language they were speaking - but they would normally call on a cell phone/phone with really bad reception.

they would leave these huuge long messages on my machine too.

they finally stopped a couple of months ago.

i used to get a lot of calls from the woman i replaced.
she apparently had a LOT of credit issues. i had people calling me all the time - i had to send one of them to my manager, because they thought i was lying about who i was.
her dentist's office used to call me a lot as well.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dynasty
the rape crisis centre is currently printing MY phone number on leave behind sheets and also listing it on some websites. I deal with people calling my house all the time. However I have since found the actual number, off by one digit. I give it out to the people calling. I have also called them and asked them to change it numerous times, but we still get calls. I feel for the people on the other end who actually have enough courage to call only to get me saying.. wrong number.
oh well!
wow.

that's really bad.

is that TRCC? do they know about it?

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
My best friend used to get these calls for some guy a few years back... one day I looked up in the phone book the name people had been asking for... turns out there was typo in the phone book (for at LEAST two years... at which point my friend moved), and sure enough, the number associated to the other guy's name actually WAS my friend's number. There were 2 names in the phone book with the same number.

Adam

TRIBE Member
My sister's old phone number was one digit off the big taxi company in Hamilton (522-BLEU instad of 522-BLUE)

They got an unbelievable amount of calls. Usually from drunk idiots at 3am. They eventually just started toying with people..telling them the cab was coming, asking for credit card numbers, the works.

Fucking entertaining.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
When people call me and they have the wrong number I like to mess with them.

Because people tend to only be a number or so off when they tell me the number they dialed I like to tell them a number that in no way shape or form is even close to mine.

" hi is so and so there?"
"no sorry you have the wrong number"
"Oh is this 657-7879"
"no it's 324-0184"

throws them for a big curve. :D

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Zorro
When people call me and they have the wrong number I like to mess with them.

Because people tend to only be a number or so off when they tell me the number they dialed I like to tell them a number that in no way shape or form is even close to mine.

" hi is so and so there?"
"no sorry you have the wrong number"
"Oh is this 657-7879"
"no it's 324-0184"

throws them for a big curve. :D

p.s none of those are numbers I know so feel free to crank call them if you'd like.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Hahaha, reminds me of my friend who used to get this oriental woman calling him all the time. She couldn't speak a word of English and when he said wrong number she would argue with him (we think)....but he couldn't understand! She would keep calling back too....five, six times in a row and several times in a week. It was really frustrating for him because he had to resort to being rude and yelling to get rid of her.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Another thing I hate is when you answer the phone with hello and they say hello back but they don't tell you who they're looking for. When you ask them who they're looking for they ask you who are they speaking to. I am not going to tell you who I am first if you don't tell me who you are or who you're looking for. I just hang up on them as soon as this happens.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
My old number was basically the same number as Diamond Taxi only rearranged. I'd get calls from people all sorts of strange people. On time I got a call from a drunk girl who left her purse in a cab and wanted me to bring it back to her. I'd also get calls from cabbies at 4:00am speaking in various languages that were even more baffling when half asleep. Sometimes I didn't even have the patience to explain to them that their fat thumbs hit the 6 before the 3 in the sequence of dialing, figuring that when they redialed they'd get it right the next time and I wouldn't have to deal with them again. I was usually right too.