• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

People who bum money outside the liquor store...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
That is so lame! Like WTF! Why would anyone give money to a panhandler sitting standing directly in front of teh liquor store. You just know that once the dude has enough for a bottle of Old Wench or whatever, he is just going to go inside and buy it - fuck the starving kids at home.

If I was a direlect I would hold a big I'm Hungry sign and panhandle outside Loblaws or one of the high end organic food stores. I bet you would make way more cash.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
true dat.

then there are those that panhandle outside banks. wtf? are you hopin for an extra 20?

Taro

TRIBE Member
there was a mini blues grass group outside the lcbo near my house the other day - they actually weren't bad.

Caz

TRIBE Member
dont even get me started on this alex, Ill rant all night..

GET A FUCKING JOB, IF YOU CAN HOLD OUT A HAT YOU CAN FLIP A BURGER

ugh

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Taro said:
there was a mini blues grass group outside the lcbo near my house the other day - they actually weren't bad.

That is different. Busking is giving something back. Standing out there with a baseball hat held out doing nothing else really lame.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dyad

TRIBE Member
ive always thought the strategy was that people are more likely to give money if they have just spent a wack of cash on liquor because its unnecessary and therefore you can probably spare the change from that purchase.

its probably my fault though, i usually try to grab an OE to throw em so they dont save up for the good stuff, therefore its a lesson in efficiancy

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Bernnie Federko said:
alcohol is a helluva drug

indeed and you would think these fucks would get more creative in their bumming srategies, therefore earn more $$, thus get more alcohol.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
indeed and you would think these fucks would get more creative in their bumming srategies, therefore earn more $$, thus get more alcohol.

Someone should publish an "Alcoholic's Guide to Better Begging".

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Another reason is that half the time I'm going to the liquor store I'm already half in the bag or at least very happy that I will soon be half in the bag. For many people this would cause them to be more generous.

This still does not result in them getting my money. If any homeless person gets my money it's gonna be one of those hot meth girls who hasn't quite got the lesions yet and she's still gonna have to do a little something for me.

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
whats worse are ppl who bum money outside the zone. AS IF anyone would have money left over coming out from that place!

Taro

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
That is different. Busking is giving something back. Standing out there with a baseball hat held out doing nothing else really lame.

I wasn't complaining actually.
I don't mind if people ask me for money, although I usually say no. sometimes I give them a couple of bucks.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Bernnie Federko said:
Someone should publish an "Alcoholic's Guide to Better Begging".

totally!

I suggest to get scruffily dressed but not too scruffy, borrow a sad looking little dog (a lame dog would be best or at least wrap one of it's legs in a bandage), not a pit bull or one of these ferrocious looking dogs that these squeege kid panhandlers have - something like an unwashed cokerspaniel would be ideal. And then make a IM HUNGRY sign out of cardboard with marker clearly visible from at least 10 meters. Sit in a spot outside one of those yuppie organic food supermarkets that has clear sight-lines to people entering and leaving. Look bleak. Profit.

dogrun.gif

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
totally!

I suggest to get scruffily dressed but not too scruffy, borrow a sad looking little dog (a lame dog would be best or at least wrap one of it's legs in a bandage), not a pit bull or one of these ferrocious looking dogs that these squeege kid panhandlers have - something like an unwashed cokerspaniel would be ideal. And then make a IM HUNGRY sign out of cardboard with marker clearly visible from at least 10 meters. Sit in a spot outside one of those yuppie organic food supermarkets that has clear sight-lines to people entering and leaving. Look bleak. Profit.

dogrun.gif

what sucks is some panhandlers actually get a dog for this very reason.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
If I was a direlect I would hold a big I'm Hungry sign and panhandle outside Loblaws or one of the high end organic food stores. I bet you would make way more cash.
clearly the most efficient strategy, because you would get more money and most loblaws have a wine rack right inside anyways.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
One time it was my day off and I had been paid quite a bit more than I was normally getting I went shopping downtown. This drunken native came up to me and asked if I could spare some change and feeling generous I gave him about $6-$7. He freaked the fuck out and his eyes lit up and he was so thankful and begged me to drink some of his sherry. Dude wouldn't shut the fuck up or leave me alone for a good 10 mins after saying thank you over and over again telling me he felt he needed to offer me something for being so generous. Other than that I never really gave anything to anyone unless it like $0.50 or anything in my pocket under a $1.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
There's this pudgy guy with a beard that panhandles around the Gardenview store at Queen and John. FUCK this guy is SOOOO annoying cause I pass him like 3 times every day, and EVERY DAY he gives me his speel.... "Can I ask you a question?" FUCK NO ASS! Cause I know you're going to ask for change!

Few weeks back, upon asking me YET AGAIN, I just said "No". He had the nerve to ask "why?".
"Because you ask me the same fucking question every day, and you just don't recognize me!" Get a job assfuck!

So frustrating. I had another guy ask me like 3 times in the span of 2 minutes. JEBUS!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
sometimes there's a dude playing acoustic outside the LCBO near my place in etobicoke...he plays a mean sweet home alabama.

bryanwayne

TRIBE Member
i have to admit i have i have a soft spot for the ederly folks or the people who are obviously mentally ill or even people who are sick (by this i mean addicted to alcohol or drugs). but, as someone who lives and works downtown
i get asked for change at least 10 times daily. i would say 80% of the time it's by completly able bodied, metally stable lazy people. two ams, two legs perfect hearing and sight. just to damn lazy to go out and create their own opportunities in life. an absolute disgrace to the human race.

bh

Taylor

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
That is so lame! Like WTF! Why would anyone give money to a panhandler sitting standing directly in front of teh liquor store. You just know that once the dude has enough for a bottle of Old Wench or whatever, he is just going to go inside and buy it - fuck the starving kids at home.

Sometimes, when I am in the mood, I will give them one or two of my "REVS".

"let's bring out the booze and have a ball, is that all there is ?"