• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

People Make Me Sick.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
so im hoping on a packed subway once again this morning and this young,maybe 15 or 16, boy gets on behind me.as we start riding he starts walking around commenting on how nice of a day it's going to be,smiling and stuff.then i realize he's handicapped,autistic perhaps,anywho he continues his commentary walking up to people and asking them 'how are you today?" and "nice day",and none of these assholes has the decency to even look at him and smile,just completley ignoring him on end.he comes over to me and asks the same questions and i respond with a smile on my face,shake his hand ask him his name,"david" he replies."yes it's a beautiful day" i say,and he goes on his way talking to more people who don't respond.what the fuck is up with society? seriously this has put a bad taste in my mouth,this young man was like a ray of sunshine in a dark gloomy subway tunnel.keep smiling david,not everyone in the world is an asshole.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Adam

TRIBE Member
Maybe they haven't had their coffee yet.

Before I hit up Tim Horton's, I'd probably tell the Dalai Lama to fuck off.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Common decency has gone the way of the dodo. People just don't give a shit anymore. I see it all the time too. I've even watched my friends pull shit like that and I usually smack 'em in the head for it.

There's no reason to be rude to someone just because they're not conforming to the "Let's all be quiet and miserable on our commute" attitude.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
i think perhaps

Originally posted by Adam
Maybe they haven't had their coffee yet.

Before I hit up Tim Horton's, I'd probably tell the Dalai Lama to fuck off.

its more to the affect of the commonly found unacknowledgement syndrome. you dont respond, the said person getting no response will move on, trying to get some sort of recognition, in this case, just to share happiness, or in others like homeless on the streets, when people just ignore them, to the point where they may feel invisble. some actually go as far as to grab your arm, just to insight a reaction, thus in outrage and fury are yelled at and demeaned for only asking the common courtesy of acknowledging them as human beings too.

the indifference of humanity is another dangerous and quick spreading disease.

i hope we cure it soon.

-glycht

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I like quite when I'm travelling. That is my preferance. NOthing more anoying when your half aleep than loud talking. But if someone directly aproaches me and says Hi I'm going to acknowledge and at least respond back.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
I like quite? when I'm travelling.

That is my preferance. NOthing more anoying when your half aleep than loud talking. But if someone directly aproaches me and says Hi I'm going to acknowledge and at least respond back.

in this case that was what happened.

he approached, and with the willingness of someone happy to be alive on a nice day trying to talk to someone.

that people so plainly associate with the commute to the daily grind in the morning, i hate life blah blah blah.

no wonder they didnt say anything back, they are too desensitized to pure thought and enjoyment in simple things, too obsessed with instant gratification, and the rewards for their daily toil.

its just fucking rude.

-glycht

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Just by the title of this thread I thought it would be a ttc is wack thread.

Yeah people are pretty rude.
We could prolly make a whole thread dedicated to why people taking the subway can suck so bad.

I hate it when you are waiting to get on the train and there are other people getting off, and some asshole can't wait and charges right on followed by a big herd of other assholes so it blocks other people getting off.
Human selfishness at its worst.

I can't wait till it is nicer out, i just ride my bike every where - i would rather deal with people and there cars then people directly in a small confined area - and fuk all the nasty germs!

How about that late night subway smell - the whole damn subway car smells like ass - wtf is that about? all the time?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
yes indeed

i have avoided the traumatizing TTC exp largely by riding my bike, at least 9 months last year.

thank GAWD the weather is getting nice

-glycht

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
[50cent]i don't socialize with no retards.[/50cent]

apparrently possessing marketable lyrical content and ability,

[ i dont believe this, but the masses do who like "fiddy sen" ]

doesnt encompass quotes without grammatical errors. we make fun of people for shit like that, and he uses "socialize" and " no retards " in the same statement, the mike tyson of rap stars.

-glycht

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
i wonder how many people would have responded if the handicapped kid was instead a playboy playmate with ample breasts and luscious lips

.thisgrlhatesu.

TRIBE Member
with all the wierdos out there, i'm basically programmed to ignore and hopefully they'll go away, so i understand other people doing the same... but your experience sounds different, i'm sure i would never have ignored a "good morning" there's no need.

i don't take the ttc that often, but it's the same in the elevator in the morning.

Adam

TRIBE Member
i wonder how many people would have responded if the handicapped kid was instead a playboy playmate with ample breasts and luscious lips

how is that political?

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
you know i hate riding the fucking ttc as much as the bitch/asshole next to me,but fuck all that noise.this young man doesn't know shit about the daily grind he's happy he's alive and it makes me happy that someone who has a handicap,and has numerous struggles in life can be joyous.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

yeh, following the conditional unacknowledgement rule,

if its something desirable [ ficticious playmate for you ]
vs
something undesirable [ anything you deem beneath you on a social level it would seem ]

then you made a perfect example of the people were talking about.

-glycht

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member

And what if the playmate had some sort of mental disability? (besides the ditz syndrome)

Some of the most interesting conversations I've had are with the people on the subway/streetcar that everyone else seems to go out of their way to avoid.
Too many times, the memorable part of the evening was an interesting guy I spoke with on the late night streetcar ride home.
Many of these people are the most sincere people you'll meet, they don't judge you and they accept you for who you are and what you're saying.

I think a lot of people are scared of things they don't understand... hence the lack of acknowledgement for fear they may have to actually entertain a conversation with these people until their stop.

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
These are the same people who will push, shove and or trample little old ladies just to grab the last seat on the subway car, so I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

It's sad but there is a general lack of kindness and consideration amoungst TTC riders these days.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
To be honest, sometimes autistic people make me nervous. My BF has an autistic person in his family and it just makes me feel sort of awkward...

I usually smile back or answer sort of shyly, and then carry on...

But several times on the TTC, the Eglinton 34C bus, the same "developmentally challenged" man has gotten on and asked people for change on the bus, and when they said no, he SCREAMED "FUCK YOU! YOU'RE ALL FUCKING RETARDED!!"

Very uncomfortable...

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
This sorta thing, I find so upsetting too. I appreciate you making a thread about this. People need to treat others with respect and kindness. You sound very caring and thoughtful. :)

Lurch

TRIBE Member
This kinda reminds me of one of my friends that went to Italy with the army, when he came back I asked him what the biggest difference was. His reply shocked me, it was'nt the food, or the cars, or the scenery.....the biggest thing he noticed was when you asked someone how they were doing they never said "Not bad" or "meh" or I've been better" all the responses were positive or cheery. I guess we are just a bunch of self absorbed GRUMPS.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Re: yes indeed

Originally posted by glych t.anomaly
i have avoided the traumatizing TTC exp largely by riding my bike, at least 9 months last year.

thank GAWD the weather is getting nice

-glycht

ditto..

I rode last week but this week is a little to chilly for me...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: yes indeed

Originally posted by lucky1
ditto..

I rode last week but this week is a little to chilly for me...

just got new fox gloves and arm warmers, YaY:D

riding will be so nice this spring :D

-glycht