• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

People in the working world.

mingster

TRIBE Member
I went to Doodlebug's school yesterday to see the open house.

And as I was walking through the hallways of the college (GB), which I haven't done in a couple years, it occured to me, that people in the educational environment, be it teachers, but mostly students are so much more interesting than people in the workforce.

Maybe it's at my workplace specifically, but I find them so dull. Boring as hell. Conversation is restricted to the weather, the family, the gossip, the work. Discussion about intersting issues, such as politics or human rights is almost non-existant. Thank god I have TRIBE for that. ;)

Is this symptomatic of the entire working world?
Am I doomed to also turning into a mush-brain?
Anyone else find their workmates boring as hell?

There must be places out there, where people are interesting.
In fact, I know there are, but such a small percentage.

Ming.
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
the working world is not where you go if you want to 'express yourself'.

if i told my co-workers what i really thought about anything they'd probably be very afraid of me and if i did it consistantly, i'd lose my job.

hence,
'my, what interesting weather we're having.'
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
it's called a rut ... it's easy to fall into after school. in school you are meeting new people, trying new things, and possibly learning most of the time. some people are glad to have a one-track life where all they have to worry about is what colour of underwear they should wear the next day - although the day-stamped gitch helps in this. people are afraid of expanding themselves once they find this nice comfy place called mid-life.

hopefully i won't be falling in there any time soon.

--craig
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Ask cheeka for the forcast, she broadcast's from her big rig.

Gizmo, thats a lovely blue shirt your wearing, it really brings out your eyes.

Kyfe
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

if i told my co-workers what i really thought about anything they'd probably be very afraid of me and if i did it consistantly, i'd lose my job.

it occurs to me that i may be underestimating my co-workers. they're a pretty repressed bunch, god only knows what sick, tormented desires and festering beliefs seethe beneath their banal exteriors.

maybe we're just better off that way. work is more bearable when you don't have to work with people you dislike. if you never really get to know anybody you can't dislike them that much.
 

mcbee

TRIBE Member
in my office the office manager tells us about the 'pussy jobs' she receives...

wtf??

my office fucked.

:)sarah
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mcbee
in my office the office manager tells us about the 'pussy jobs' she receives...

wtf??

my office fucked.

:)sarah

in refrence to a female blowjob?? Are they hiring?:D

Kyfe
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey


it occurs to me that i may be underestimating my co-workers. they're a pretty repressed bunch, god only knows what sick, tormented desires and festering beliefs seethe beneath their banal exteriors.


haha.

i always seem to work with "nice" people. i don't like "nice" people. you can't really make friends at work, i don't think, the age demographic is entirely different as are interests.

i've made a mistake a few times of being *myself* in my working environment, and it cost me my professionality and once even my job.

in my personal experience, the best thing to do at work is not know anyone too well and don't let them know you. do your time and leave.

this is why i'm soooo looking forward to going back to school. i'm gonna get my tongue peirced again, dye my hair bright fire-engine red...ahhhh. and wear "racy" tops, like my sexy kitty one.

*muah*
~N
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey
the working world is not where you go if you want to 'express yourself'.

if i told my co-workers what i really thought about anything they'd probably be very afraid of me and if i did it consistantly, i'd lose my job.

hence,
'my, what interesting weather we're having.'

I can relate. When they ask how was my weekend I say 'fine, and yours?'. Discussing controversial politics in a corporate environment is sure way of not getting a raise.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo


I can relate. When they ask how was my weekend I say 'fine, and yours?'.

Me too.
And of course, the "what are you doing this weekend?"
And for those who live in Barrie, "So, how long did it take you to get to work today?"

Soooo tedious.

Ming.
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo


I can relate. When they ask how was my weekend I say 'fine, and yours?'. Discussing controversial politics in a corporate environment is sure way of not getting a raise.
yeah.
imagine if you told the truth by accident after a big night out?

[hypothetically speaking of course]
'well, i did 3 e's at the docks on saturday night, misstress barbara had such a good set, i just couldn't leave 'til it was over. then i went home and k-holed. after an hour or two - hard to tell the way k fucks up your time sense ya know? - i got up and took my vitamins and a re-uptake inhibitor but i couldn't sleep so i stayed up and sketched all day until my buddy came over and brought me weed and i smoked myself silly and passed out. you?'

'really, the kids got dirty at sunday school? how do you manage?'
[/hypothetically speaking of course]
 
Originally posted by mingster
Is this symptomatic of the entire working world?

Much of it yes. But there are exceptions with certain jobs, and doing a job that you love.

Am I doomed to also turning into a mush-brain?


Only if you let it happen, I was always looked upon as a bit of a freak at my jobs, as having outside interests and not really wanting to play fucking golf or "go for drinks" after work. In some places that can hurt you, but at my places, they really didn't give a rats ass.

Anyone else find their workmates boring as hell?

At my other places of employement, yes. Although there were some people that you could find that might be of the same interests that I had. They were rare and often quite cool. Where I am now, the people aren't too bad, as there is only so much excitement talking about leasing that can be had.

From the ministry of my input.

Prime Minister Highsteppa
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

doodlebug

TRIBE Member
I love school. I'm not a 9-5 working world person, yet, so I can't really compare, but I still think I would enjoy school more if I was.
I love the diversity in ages, races, colours, sizes and languages that you have in school.
The option to come and go as you please and wear what you want and be yourself. It's so much more of a 'social' environment than work is and it's a place where I'm on a continual learning curve!


school is fun and I'm a nerd :D
 

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

'well, i did 3 e's at the docks on saturday night, misstress barbara had such a good set, i just couldn't leave 'til it was over. then i went home and k-holed. after an hour or two - hard to tell the way k fucks up your time sense ya know? - i got up and took my vitamins and a re-uptake inhibitor but i couldn't sleep so i stayed up and sketched all day until my buddy came over and brought me weed and i smoked myself silly and passed out. you?'

lol

that was a wacky morning
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: People in the working world.

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa


At my other places of employement, yes. Although there were some people that you could find that might be of the same interests that I had. They were rare and often quite cool. Where I am now, the people aren't too bad, as there is only so much excitement talking about leasing that can be had.

From the ministry of my input.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

I worked at a telephone survey place for a long time.
And mostly the people that worked there, were, I guess considered "un-employable" at other places. Either because of physical appearance, nervous tics, some were students, some grandmas. And I would say they were the most interesting people I've ever worked with. Probably because they were a little excentric, a little different.

They made my shity job actually fun to go to. And I miss alot of them sometimes. How sad that employers rejects some great people for reasons that are really so trivial.

Ming.
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep


lol

that was a wacky morning
sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
i said hypothetically speaking.
:D

we should hypothetically do that again sometime, too bad neither of us are going to sasha and digweed. :p
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

yeah.
imagine if you told the truth by accident after a big night out?

[hypothetically speaking of course]
'well, i did 3 e's at the docks on saturday night, misstress barbara had such a good set, i just couldn't leave 'til it was over. then i went home and k-holed. after an hour or two - hard to tell the way k fucks up your time sense ya know? - i got up and took my vitamins and a re-uptake inhibitor but i couldn't sleep so i stayed up and sketched all day until my buddy came over and brought me weed and i smoked myself silly and passed out. you?'

'really, the kids got dirty at sunday school? how do you manage?'
[/hypothetically speaking of course]

I've always wanted to say that, adding in sketchy sex and all...

Actually, I think there's pothead who works here. Someone asked how many grams in an ounce, and he knew to 2 decimal points.
 

mcbee

TRIBE Member
the fakeness, the boringness, the dull conversations, the insincerity is what bugs me about working 9-5.

these people are so not like me and they don't understand me and they will never know what i'm really like.

people who love their careers and spend all their time with their office mates...i just don't get it.

i just struggle with not wanting to conform to this corporate world but yet don't want to screw myself by not going out for drinks etc.
i am friendly to everyone here, i have some friends i have lunch with but thats it. i don't need to go out for drinks, to each others houses for dinner, hang out on the weekend. what a nightmare!!!!

my coworkers would fall over with shock if they hung out with my frirends and i for even just one hour.

:)sarah
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

Actually, I think there's pothead who works here. Someone asked how many grams in an ounce, and he knew to 2 decimal points.

i thought it was an even 28.5? the second decimal is a zero isn't it?
 

mcbee

TRIBE Member
oh but someone did recently ask me if i could get her E's for a weekend.

oh god! not a good career move to become the office dealer!

:)sarah
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mcbee
the fakeness, the boringness, the dull conversations, the insincerity is what bugs me about working 9-5.

these people are so not like me and they don't understand me and they will never know what i'm really like.

people who love their careers and spend all their time with their office mates...i just don't get it.

i just struggle with not wanting to conform to this corporate world but yet don't want to screw myself by not going out for drinks etc.
i am friendly to everyone here, i have some friends i have lunch with but thats it. i don't need to go out for drinks, to each others houses for dinner, hang out on the weekend. what a nightmare!!!!

my coworkers would fall over with shock if they hung out with my frirends and i for even just one hour.

:)sarah

I know exactly what you mean.
I can relate to every single word.

About hanging out together: I don't understand how my co-workers can go out and get drunk together, and then face each other on Monday morning. I would never want to get drunk with my co-workers. I work with these people. I don't want them to know what I'm like on the outside. But at the same time, I feel anti-social and I wonder if they talk about me, or think I'm weird for not joining them.

Ming.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top