• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

People in Barrie...

So, I was reading the weather channel and it says the roads are "Bare and wet" and that visibility is "Good to Fair".

Now, I got word from someone in barrie that the roads are TERRIBE, and visibility is incredibly poor.

What's the real deal here?

kmac

TRIBE Member
My gf from Barrie is meeting me in a few hours. I asked how the weather was and she said it's typical Barrie, snowy but nothing out of the ordinary.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Memo to synch: welcome to the internet.

So would someone likely be telling the truth if he said that he couldn't come to toronto because he's "driving 40 km/hour on the highway and every car he passes is in the ditch".

Because I think he's full of shit.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Toronto and Barrie can be under very different weather conditions at the same time. The 400 can blow in dirty fast while it is sunny on Lakeshore.

Id give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

kmac

TRIBE Member
If it was really bad on the roads, I'm 100-per-cent sure the girl I call Spazzcoe would have called me freaking out about the drive. She's insane!

I barely know him. What I do know of him through personal experience I hate. He's a close friend of a friend and he's always bailing on important events.

I'm sick of it.

Exactly kmac, this guy's just using anything he can to bolster his bail manoever this time.
Fucking dick.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
its the snow belt, you can be driving along wearing sunglasses, go over a hill, and be greeted by jacknifed transport trucks in the meridians.

*edit* but based on this it could be a convenient excuse

Yeah, I'm not one to underestimate how bad the weather can be (and how different) outside of toronto, but after years of living in the fucking snowbelt and driving in a tiny sporty car without snow tires (and STILL making it to toronto time and time again), I have zero tolerance for excuses like this.

If it said roads were shitty and snow-covered, with visibility poor, then I'd not have a problem.

As it is, today has sealed this guy's fate.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Well, Spazzcoe just called in tears... because she can't find her beaded necklace!!! I asked about the weather again and she said her dad would have called her by now to tell her to stay off the roads so it's not that bad but more importantly "she can't find her necklace!"

I wonder if it's too late for me to bail on her?

Good lord.

Ask her if it's insured, make really loud sucking teeth sounds when she says no, then suggest it might be in everyone's best interests to stay home tonight and send out the necklace search party.