• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

People going missing Wellesley Area?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Is it just me or are there a number of people who have gone missing from the Yonge/Wellesley/Church area in the past year?

Stop Bill C-10

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
It's pretty hard to find any recent news on this. Very sad and scary.

Assuming the recent female death in the area is unrelated?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Its nuts. There are a tonne of construction sites that bodies could be dumped and conceivably never be discovered...

I ride using Uber through the Wellesley strip a few times a week around 0530 and the amount of homeless and sketch over the past year has risen.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Its nuts. There are a tonne of construction sites that bodies could be dumped and conceivably never be discovered...

I ride using Uber through the Wellesley strip a few times a week around 0530 and the amount of homeless and sketch over the past year has risen.

agreed 100% I'm at Dundas and Jarvis and the sights I can't unsee are increasing

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Are the folks going missing residents of condos/apartments in that area, or homeless folk? Are there any news stories about this at all? What are some of the names of the missing, so we may search for news coverage/details?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Are the folks going missing residents of condos/apartments in that area, or homeless folk? Are there any news stories about this at all? What are some of the names of the missing, so we may search for news coverage/details?

Toronto police say there is no evidence to link cases of missing men, councillor reports | Toronto Star

Police searching for man seen with Tess Richey near Church and Wellesley before her death | Toronto Star

Body found in Rosedale ravine identified as Alloura Wells | Toronto Star

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Would be quite unusual for a guy to start murdering in his 50s/60s

can't seem to find in any of the reporting although it could be end-of-week brain on my part - he live in the city for decades/all his life?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
He graduated from Fenlon Falls High School in the 70s. Apparently he has lived in Thorncliffe Park for about a decade. I can't find info on the time between.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Why do you say that?

Based on acquired knowledge, reading about murder/serial killers for decades, and even documenting/clipping articles in recent years. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a very long list of those who, to the best of the knowledge of law enforcement, started in their 50s.

I was referring to one who commits multiple stranger or acquaintance murders specifically but even in general, encompassing say a domestic murderer or murder-suicide, violent crime tends to trend younger, what criminologists refer to the "ageing out of crime"

Murder in the U.S.: number of offenders by age 2016 | Statistic

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
5 counts of 1st-degree murder now

cop seems like he's expecting it will go higher

there's even a possibility as a landscaper, he buried bones in backyards of homes he worked

1 of the counts is a man never reported missing

Last edited: