1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Peering into the mindset of Militant Islam

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by Deep_Groove, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Deep_Groove

Deep_Groove TRIBE Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  2. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

I think this image is very revealing:

[​IMG]

and this one:

[​IMG]

See, pay attention everyone, cuz Deep_Groove apparently has a FANTASTIC understanding of peekchurs. Anyone posting in this forum must have accompanying peekchurs that help convey his/her argument to Deep_SMRT_Groove.

lol, I'm starting with some SIMPLE peekchurs. :)

3. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

*snicka*
    *snicka*

4. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Peering into the mindset of Militant Christianity

[​IMG]
    "To translate Allah as God is wrong. When you see something in there and it says Allah, you translate it Allah. Don't call it God because it is different."
    -Pat Robertson - http://www.patrobertson.com/

"It would be morally reprehensible for the United States to be 'evenhanded' between democratic Israel, a reliable friend and ally that shares our values, and the terrorist infested Palestinian infrastructure that refuses to accept the right of Israel to exist at all."
    -From a letter from Reverend Jerry Falwell; Reverend John Hagee, a prominent evangelical pastor in Texas; Elwood McQuaid, editor-in-chief of Friends of Israel; Paul Weyrich, chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation; Janet Parshall, the nationally syndicated talk-show host; and Michael Little, president of the Christian Broadcasting Network, to US President George W. Bush

US soldiers in Iraq asked to pray for Bush (but not their own asses).

Jerry Falwell calls Islam's Prophet a "Terrorist"

And of course, the mother of all hard right Christian organizations.

5. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

6. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

Hey Deep Groove maybe this will help you realize that "Arabs" have something to contribute:

http://www.zahiart.com/

7. Deep_Groove

Deep_Groove TRIBE Member

Maybe if you guys took five minutes out of your busy day of reading Chomsky, you'd come to realize that there is a very specific and dangerous ideology being promoted here; one that is worth understanding. Let me provide some quotes:

Go ahead, keep closing your eyes to reality. Keep blaming it all on Bush. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

- Deep_Groove

8. Deep_Groove

Deep_Groove TRIBE Member

Of course they do. There's no problem with most Arabs or Muslims. But a distinction can and must be made between moderates and those who subscribe to the militant ideology.

Isn't it interesting that this guy had to MOVE TO AMERICA to become a safe and successful artist!!! What does that tell you?

- Deep_Groove

9. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

This tells me that Israel would have never gave him a chance to become a succesful artist.

10. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Even if you break it down to accurately judging motives, it's infinitely much easier to judge the motives of one man or an administration than that of an entire race, or religion of people.

Stop trolling.

11. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

I meant to say "Safe and Successful artist"

12. wayne kenoff

wayne kenoff TRIBE Member

pot. kettle. black

13. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Assuming of course, the judgement is an educated one.

14. wayne kenoff

Re: Re: Peering into the mindset of Militant Islam

^^^ so this isn't trolling?

You're both guilty of it. Just as you both have valid points, in this thread and others.

15. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Peering into the mindset of Militant Islam

Ummm no.
    Do you even know what trolling is?

16. wayne kenoff

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peering into the mindset of Militant Islam

ummm yes.

17. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

What's Trolling!!!???

18. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Something I suspect of Deep_Noob.

A troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally.

19. wayne kenoff

aye but if it weren't for DG providing an alternate viewpoint, this forum would be a mutual admiration society

20. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

There are plenty in here that argue the other viewpont in a constructive way, -those guys at least add to conversations, everytime I converse with Deep_Noob, it seems like I'm being led on an intentional chase & it's a waste of time. Trolling. He has yet to post anything to make me think otherwise.

21. wayne kenoff

OTIS, I think DG is justified in denouncing the violent religious fervor found in the Arab world

22. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I denounce it too, but that's not the motive here really as it's well known what his viewpoint is. So the need for him to start a thread of 'denouncing' Islam is not only redundant, as usual it lacks any insight, originality, or independant thought/ideas.

Also as usual he asks questions that he doesn't want answered, rather he would prefer setups to facilitate his insightless, repetative, uninformed rhetoric that frankly, I'm tired of.

Admittedly, sometimes I post things to get a rise, but I at least I conterweigh that heavily with some substance, and do retain the ability to change my mind on some issues. But this isn't about me.

23. king of Funk

king of Funk TRIBE Member

Deep grove is a self styled "wind up merchant", as they would say in the UK. Someone who measures their self worth by how many people he can piss off and to what extent. Unfortunately he's not very good at it.

As he has proven in this thread,any monkey with an internet connection can throw up a couple of inflammatory pictures and some 3rd hand rhetoric.

I wish him godspeed on the road to irretrievable stupidity, and hope he has purchased a return ticket.

24. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

When you say "denounce the religious ferver in the Arab world" I'm assuming you are talking about Israel and the USA as well?

25. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

sorry I left out the word violent! That's a critical word.