• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

pedicure places

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
Hey...so i have a bunch of time to kill at 430 and i'll be near the eatons centre...but i could go over by queen and spadina if necissary anyone know of a place around that charges 25 bucks?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i am too embarrassed to subject some poor little asian lady to the stinkbombcallousfactories that are my feet.

such a vicious cycle, though, i'm sure that's WHY my feet are so gross- i need a pedicure!

*wail!*

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
i am too embarrassed to subject some poor little asian lady to the stinkbombcallousfactories that are my feet.

such a vicious cycle, though, i'm sure that's WHY my feet are so gross- i need a pedicure!

*wail!*

I'm stuck in the same boat ..... I can't bear the look of horror that will inevitably appear on her face! :eek:

JESuX

TRIBE Member
for. seriousnizzle.

my shoes smell like rotting corpses.

C'MON IN TO THE GIRLS FORUM, BOYS! WE'RE HOT HOT HOT!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I tried out a new place in College Park called studio Two. Its more of a small spa then a nails place. after watching that City Pulse new serial about dirty nail places I'd rather pay a little more...

40 bucks pedi... individual room, small personal foot soaker tub, (not the one wiht the jets), and nice and relaxing..

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
lucky1 said:
I tried out a new place in College Park called studio Two. Its more of a small spa then a nails place. after watching that City Pulse new serial about dirty nail places I'd rather pay a little more...

40 bucks pedi... individual room, small personal foot soaker tub, (not the one wiht the jets), and nice and relaxing..

i like the ones where there's lots of girls in one room its interesting to hear their conversations!

dyad

TRIBE Member
yah a good 25 dollar place (that youve scoped out beforehand for hygiene and such) is my favourite. I go to tiffany nails in the annex and its a great start to an afternoon with a friend

as far as gross feet are concerned, they have seen it all and thats why they fill the bowl up with water and often a little soap and walk away to give you a moment to swish around and get the layer of city-sandal grime off before they go to work.

lucinda

TRIBE Member
Lovely Nails 416 963 3443 Charles street next to 7 west. Ask for Annie...she is really good. 35 for mani/pedi, 25 just pedi

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
quick question about pedicure etiquette... pediquette if you will hehe.

i'm due for another pedicure as mine has started to chip / grow out.
am i supposed to remove the old nail polish myself or are they happy to do it as part of the new pedicure?

tella

TRIBE Member
jesux, i feel the same way you do. altho my feet aren't stinky (most of the time), i just feel bad having some woman brush away at the dry skin on the heels of my feet.

i did however get a great pedi from a lady named cathy at lattitudes in the eaton center. she was a bit pricey but did a fantastic job. i also managed to fall on the escalator a mere 10 minutes after leaving the spa, cracking my big toe and ruining her beautiful work!

Babes

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
Has anyone been to a good place near King/John?

I've scoped out the neighbourhood a *bit*, but I haven't noticed ANYTHING.

A new place opened up called Beauty Bar at King and Portland. It was alright...a bit of a nicer chop shop. Not my favourite place, but it is in the hood.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
Has anyone been to a good place near King/John?

I've scoped out the neighbourhood a *bit*, but I haven't noticed ANYTHING.

There's a salon/spa on Wellington just west of John but I can't remember the name right now though. It's on the north side of Wellington right by Quesada. I haven't been for a pedicure but I did go there for waxing once.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i saw a ghetto ad on the subway this morning for a place called "space haircraft" - they're offering 10% off if you mention the ad, as well as a free manicure with a pedicure.

i think this is perfect for me to pop my pedicure cherry... i'm sure they have all kinds of gross-footed people that walk in there!

tella - my feet are only stinky when i wear my ballet flat shoes. but good lord, when that's the case, do they ever stink! :(

JESuX

TRIBE Member
oh yeah... how *often* do you guys go for pedicures? is it like a once every couple weeks kinda thing, or what?

dyad

TRIBE Member
i usually go when my feet start looking gross again in the summer, usually every six-eight weeks. in the winter it is more of a treat and betweent sept and may i go twice maybe three times total and only when i am in dire need of some mood lifting pampering.

there is a new place called BeautyLine just east of bathurst on the south side of king (next to the banknote) that has a special on till september. 30 dollars for a mani/pedi combo which is pretty decent

dyad

TRIBE Member
hahaha then maybe pedicures arent for you :p

you can do everything yourself with various creams and files. I like to go mostly for the massage at the end

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I went for my first pedicure a little while ago...I too was embarassed by the condition of my feet, and the woman did an amazing job, scuffing off all the dead skin. I haven't gotten pedis done at the Eaton Centre but I've been to both Natural Solutions and Lattitudes for other things, so I would definitely give them a shot. I may try something in my neighbourhood like the King/Bathurst place or Ritual, which is on the ground floor or my building at King/Niagara.

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
lucinda said:
Lovely Nails 416 963 3443 Charles street next to 7 west. Ask for Annie...she is really good. 35 for mani/pedi, 25 just pedi

I made an appt. at 1pm! I like the price of the pedi! weeeeeeee!:)

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
deephousegrl, can you report on the lovely nails place?

i've had pedi's done but only at one place so i'm a bit new i guess. What should I look for in a good pedicure?