• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pay Day!! What Album to buy?

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Now that I can actually spend some of my pay instead of it all going to rent/credit cards, I want to expand my cd collection.
Last time I bought Steve Lawler Lights Out 3... F'in amazing album.

Any suggestions? Whats out and hot right now? any new GU stuffs?

TrIbAlNuT

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
Well if you're into to tribal (I have a weird hunch you are) save your $$ and head to BOA next weekend for Saeed.

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beatjunkie
Well if you're into to tribal (I have a weird hunch you are) save your $$ and head to BOA next weekend for Saeed.
Wasn't this last weekend (ie. read the reviews)?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
actually on a popular sounding note, i'm really impressed by the mylo album --- great sounds...

When I bought Lights Out 3, I also picked up a copy of Everybody -- Sander & Lee --- not a bad mix ---

There's also the Danny Howells - Choice cd --- although I haven't seen it around --- it's also more a collection of classics as opposed to newer sounds...

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TrIbAlNuT
"addictive beats"- Saeed & Palash

any good?
Palash is his old DJ partner. They put out a few of these "addictive beats" sessions back in the day. Kind of a darker sound then what you would hear Saeed play live but still great music..... nothing new though.

Check out his website for some of his recent sets.

http://www.saeedyounan.com/

You don't hear a lot of tribal these days which is the sound I'm stating to really like again. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
There's also the Danny Howells - Choice cd --- although I haven't seen it around --- it's also more a collection of classics as opposed to newer sounds...
i just picked this up today, i can't wait to listen to it! :D

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz

I'll second this. The tracklisting is solid and is no doubt put together in only a way Danny could do so.

Cheers,
J<

Luke Native

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beatjunkie

;)

This disc is packed to the hilt with Younan's in demand original productions and remixes, but it also displays his skills behind the decks. Thanks to Younan's policy of creating whole new tracks using only the original vocals, the results are remixes that sound drastically different than the original - the way it's supposed to be!

Saeed picks up new Quarterly residency.

Boa-Redux in Toronto Canada, will be Saeed's new home. Starting Feb 25th, Saeed begins his quarterly residency at one of the phattest nightclubs in Toronto. For more info visit boa-redux.com

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Yeah I download his set, they're fuckin amazing!! I haven't herd pure tribal tunes like that in a while... Can't wait to see him live!!

I looked for some Saeed Younan stuff at HMV, but nothing....

TrIbAlNuT

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
beatjunkie & tribalnut, you guys should try and take a listen to any dj Vibe sets, if you get the chance.

sounds like it would be right up your alley's (so to speak)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
-Mercury- said:
beatjunkie & tribalnut, you guys should try and take a listen to any dj Vibe sets, if you get the chance.

sounds like it would be right up your alley's (so to speak)
Nice, I really like his sound..... I see he's been to Boa too....

TrIbAlNut