• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

paxahau gigs

grit

TRIBE Member
what's up with the sets posted on paxahau? I've listened to too many of them, and think they all kinda suck it. A few good trax dropped, then shit, then cheese, etc. Lot's of boring, used out sound effects. That's not the way i'd consider to program 'great sets'. I would think allot of these 'world class' dj's are comin into DETROIT, they'd be rockin their best shit. I find most of the sets (in the last year anyway) pretty lame. The latest is the derek plaslaiko. Most of the stuff he's dropping would NOT be makin me dance. Though the rim shots on the first track of the mix are dope.
Even the luciano, sammy dee, dan bell (though i know he rocked footwork last time) are not great, and i shut em off half way through recording. Is arthur O the only guy who's playin the techno i like?
I'm finding the deep house dj's to be a litle more consistent with their dj performing. The house guys that play the real DEEP shit that is.

oh man this plaslaiko mix is actually getting kinda excruciating. OFF.

grit

TRIBE Member
that bein said, i should probably go and check out more T.O. techno talent than i currently do. I'd probably be surprised.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I actually liked DBX's set that was posted on Paxahau - but I do agree, I've given alot of sets from there a listen, and very few make me go wow.

Donc

TRIBE Member
I'm hitting Paxahau tonight for Misc and Benno Blume! Can't wait...
I've been jonzing for the D!!!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
grit said:
that bein said, i should probably go and check out more T.O. techno talent than i currently do. I'd probably be surprised.
there is more tha enough talented techno producers/djs in t.o. and the surrounding areas.

my crew tempo along with kick,vague terrain et al. are doing it as much as possible...

...SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TECHNO

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

grit

TRIBE Member
oh no!... i'm feelin the events you 've been throwin as of late.
and allot of the things you say musically as well! :cool:

Taro

TRIBE Member
Donc said:
I'm hitting Paxahau tonight for Misc and Benno Blume! Can't wait...
I've been jonzing for the D!!!
I really want to see Misc - he's put out some wicked tunes this year.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Paxahau to produce Movement

Detroit looking for 'right team' to head techno festival

The city of Detroit is committed to ensuring the Memorial Day techno festival, which has become an annual tradition since its maiden voyage in 2000, continues this year even as questions loom over who will assume its control.

"We want to see it happen," Lucius Vassar, Detroit's chief administrative officer, said Thursday. "But we're looking for the right team to be able to come forward and produce it, so that there's not any further bad will or black cloud that's created with association to the festival."

Vassar said "a number of groups" both locally and nationally have expressed interest in producing this year's festival.

Heading up one of those groups is Jason Huvaere, 32, director of operations for Ferndale-based electronic music event promoters Paxahau, who has submitted a letter of intent to the city of Detroit to produce this year's festival, which would take place May 27-29. He said he wants to take on the festival because of a "sense of duty," "so Detroit doesn't lose one of its greatest opportunities for tourism."

Huvaere, a 13-year veteran of Detroit's electronic music community, said he's been in contact with a number of DJs and at least a half-dozen local venues about the event.

"Everybody is excited about this thing," he said.

Vassar spoke to Huvaere Thursday night and "had a very good conversation. We will be getting together real soon," he said.

Vassar said the city is working on an "aggressive time table" to set the festival in motion, so that the event producers have time to properly promote the event.

Last year's event, headed up by Detroit techno pioneer Kevin Saunderson, wasn't officially announced until early May, giving Saunderson's team just three weeks to market it to sponsors and fans.

Saunderson ended up losing more than $250,000 on the event, and he still owes money to vendors and to the city.

Vassar is hoping to avoid a similar financial disaster this year.

"I'm very hopeful that within the next week to 10 days to have a much better sense of the feasibility of someone being able to produce the festival in the time allotted," Vassar said.

Mitch Jaworski, co-owner of Detroit club Bleu, which has done numerous events with Paxahau over the years, said Huvaere is that person.

Paxahau "is the best producer out of Metro Detroit, and (Huvaere) is perfect for the festival," Jaworski said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060309/UPDATE/603090446

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Taro

TRIBE Member
good on them.

I can't believe Saunderson lost that much money (that it came out of his pocket?) and still owes ! that's balls

grit

TRIBE Member
interesting. yeah they would probably be a good group of guys to get involved. they definetely know what they're doing. my above comment was no slag on paxahau as a promotion team whatesoever. they're every cities dreamteam. just the quality of the sets at the events IMO were not that great, consistently throughout.

-and you would think they would be.

go paxahau! it be incredibly unfortunate if that festival was shut down.

Donc

TRIBE Member
so... Friday...

Holy fock!

I love Oslo, first off. Such a nice bar. Small, but well laid out and dark. We got in at about 10:30pm, and went right downstaris to check Kero out. He was going between all sorts of sounds as usual, and it was rawkin'. And Misc! Man, those cats can rock the house! Trademark growling synth lines and derti bass. People were screaming at the tops of their lungs, pumping fists, getting down- true Deeetroit!

It was dark, no light at all, save for a projection of the Paxahau logo on the wall. And smokey as all heck. Benno came on and spun a crazy set right after. He was right into it, and the audience were all going for it. People there were coming up and just striking conversations out of the blue as well. Men, women, everyone: they all knew and appreciated so much about the music and were enthused to talk about it, dance to it, trainspot it... No snobbery at all! We had a fantastic time...

miller

TRIBE Member
Donc said:
Holy fock!

I love Oslo, first off. Such a nice bar. Small, but well laid out and dark. We got in at about 10:30pm, and went right downstaris to check Kero out. He was going between all sorts of sounds as usual, and it was rawkin'. And Misc! Man, those cats can rock the house! Trademark growling synth lines and derti bass. People were screaming at the tops of their lungs, pumping fists, getting down- true Deeetroit!

It was dark, no light at all, save for a projection of the Paxahau logo on the wall. And smokey as all heck. Benno came on and spun a crazy set right after. He was right into it, and the audience were all going for it. People there were coming up and just striking conversations out of the blue as well. Men, women, everyone: they all knew and appreciated so much about the music and were enthused to talk about it, dance to it, trainspot it... No snobbery at all! We had a fantastic time...
sounds like such good vibes! tx. for sharing! i can't wait for the festival...the d is special...everyone just so down-to-earth and havin' fun and losin' their shit!

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
March 23, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CITY OF DETROIT AND PAXAHAU SHAKE HANDS,
ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL WILL GO ON.

DETROIT- Paxahau Promotions Group today announced they have been chosen by the City of Detroit to be the producers of this year’s Electronic Music Festival on Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29.

“We are sincerely honored that the City has selected someone within the electronic community to produce this event - we have worked extremely hard to establish ourselves as a globally respected organization, specifically to bring this event the cultural attention it deserves”, said Jason Huvaere, owner of Paxahau.

“Paxahau presented a sound plan to stabilize and grow the event,” said Lucius A. Vassar, the City of Detroit’s Chief Administrative Officer. “We want to see this event flourish and continue to draw people from all over the world to Detroit.”

Since 1998 Paxahau has produced Electronic events in Detroit. In that time they have grown to include a record label, booking agency, web-archive and event production company which hosts an average of 20 events a year in the city.

The festival producers have also been endorsed by previous festival directors, Carl Craig, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson.

“As the festival’s 2003 and 2004 producers, we are pleased to see that Paxahau will be taking on the event,” said electronic music pioneer Derrick May. “Jason Huvaere and his group are not only competent event managers, but they are of the electronic music industry. I am confident that in their hands, the event’s integrity as the world’s signature electronic music festival will be preserved, and its operations and management strengthened. “

In an effort to maintain a globally recognized, positive brand image for Detroit, Paxahau will retain the name “Movement, Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival.”

With a network of alliances and resources that span the globe, the Paxahau team has emerged as a premier promotions group within the electronic music industry. They plan on growing the festival into a cultural attraction that celebrates not only to sonic art forms associated with Electronic Music, but also the visual arts culture that has evolved from its influences as well.

“We see the festival as an opportunity to bring Detroit’s influence all over the world home and nourish one of Detroit’s primary opportunities for tourism and development,” said Huvaere.

Specific details regarding the festival will be released at a later date. Please visit www.demf.com to find the latest news as it develops.

For now Detroit and the world needs to start getting ready for a 3-day party at the end of May. Detroit’s electronic music festival will go on.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders