• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pavel Bure Given Away

Trini

TRIBE Member
Traded for 2 minor leaguers ( Ulanov and Novacek) and 3 draft picks to the Rangers. Florida receives no one to add to their current roster.

Quite a steel in my books, no matter that he's got 10 million left on his contract.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
I agree Trini..but still, too little too late for the Rangers...I'm still guessin they won't make the playoffs

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
there should be some other big trades before the end of super tuesday tomorrow. the leafs may wind up with darius kasparaitis. not sure what they'd have to give up for him though.

Destiny Productions

TRIBE Promoter
the deal

They wouldn't have lost him at the end of the season - still had 2 years on the ol contract... just a salary dump (and the fact that 21 goals this year is not worth 10 million!)

OS

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Trini

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by joey
what draft pick spots?

its better then getting nothing for him at the end of the season
2nd rounder this year, 1st rounder next, 4th rounder 2 seasons from now.

joey

TRIBE Member
those are pretty good pics the panthers got seeing how the rangers arent really doing to well this year..

and a first rounder is always a good thing to get.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
2nd rounder this year, 1st rounder next, 4th rounder 2 seasons from now. [/B]

actually it's Pavel and a 2nd round this year for Igor Ulanov, Filip Novak, a first and second round this year, and a fourth round next year.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
when did this transaction take place???

Bure's the shit...remember that move on the breakaway a few years back when he tapped it off his skate onto his stick and embarrassed the absolute fuck out of the goalie!

Ranger's will never be the 94 team again so they should stop going for big names and start looking at creating a good team dynamic with young draft picks...one things for sure...he's now a little closer to getting to Anna kournikova...you know he wants her!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vench

TRIBE Promoter
the Rangers stole him from the Panthers. Florida must really need the money, I mean, who in their right mind would trade this guy for two unproven players and a couple of draft choices? I wonder what Messier thinks of all this? First Lindros and now Bure, may the spotlight be moving yet again?

used to have NYR hockey gloves when I was a little boy..........

vench

miguel

TRIBE Member
maybe they were just trying to ditch salary and they will use the extra money in the off season.. those are some nice draft picks there.

CC

TRIBE Member
bure was useless to florida. they need a whole new team. they can't just keep hold on a player that doesn't even want to play there. he's not even marketable in florida because it's obvious he'd rather play somewhere else. i think ditching him now is a good thing.

as for other trades... i think toronto should go after a really good defenseman

CC

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by CC

as for other trades... i think toronto should go after a really good defenseman

CC
I think just about every team is looking for a really good defenseman!

I may be wrong, but I don't see a ton of deals tomorrow, too many teams still in contention

Trini

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SlipperyPete
^^^
they shoulda gotten Blake last year when they had the chance -- he would be SUCH a great fit on the leafs blueline
I strongly believe that they'll score Darius Kasperitus from the Pens. They have to give up Farkas and a draft choice tho.

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
first off bure is a cancer to every team he is on, has no defense abilities, never listens to the coach, and cherry picks so bad

and to get a 1st rounder
plus a second rounder
plus a great prospect in Filip Novak

He is fundamentally sound with excellent passing skills and maturity beyond his years. He's not afraid to make the big hit and he is gifted both offensively and defensively and loves playing a strong 2-way game. Novak has an excellent shot that he can unload from anywhere on the rink and he can quarter-back the power play and lead a strong penalty kill.

this trade is actually a steal for the panthers

what you guys havent noticed is the fact, that leaves fleury open for trade tomorrow.........and guess who has a keen interest in fleury ??that rights quinn

dont expect kasper to be a leaf tomorrow, but more or less
a kubina off tampa

but do expect fleury to be a leaf tomorrow, ridding the leafs forever of hogland off the 1st line

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by junglisthead

but do expect fleury to be a leaf tomorrow, ridding the leafs forever of hogland off the 1st line

Fleury is unstable at times but I'd rather have him than Hoglund. Hell, I'd rather have Daniel Marios than Hoglund.

vench

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglisthead
first off bure is a cancer to every team he is on, has no defense abilities, never listens to the coach, and cherry picks so bad

and to get a 1st rounder
plus a second rounder
plus a great prospect in Filip Novak

this trade is actually a steal for the panthers

Agreed.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Muffdiver

TRIBE Member
god damn Avalanche!!!

Always pulling off a big trade at the deadline..

I guess that is what happens when a team can actually draft and they have the depth to make these deals year after year..