• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pathological Lying

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Confront them.
Just come right out and say some thing to them.
Call them out on it every time you think their not telling the truth.
Don't beat around the bush and don't sit there and shrug it off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I had a friend growing up who was a pathalogical liar... even his parents would call him on it sometimes, it was kinda weird - noone was really sure why he did it, and he lied about the stupidest stuff... he grew out of it though. Maybe your friend will too?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I used to be be one of them... I did it because I didn't want people to know the real me, I felt I needed to hide things, or to say things that weren't true about me, I was afraid that if people know the real me, I will feel open and they may hurt me.

It was something I grew up with, because everybody betrayed me. Once I realised and accepted what I was doing and saying, that was the curve where I started learning and changing.

Every person has a different reason why they do it.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
My uncle is the CEO of the internet and when he finds out about how you guys are taking about me he's going to fry all your computers and ban you from buying computers for life!

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
I used to be be one of them... I did it because I didn't want people to know the real me, I felt I needed to hide things, or to say things that weren't true about me, I was afraid that if people know the real me, I will feel open and they may hurt me.

It was something I grew up with, because everybody betrayed me. Once I realised and accepted what I was doing and saying, that was the curve where I started learning and changing.

Every person has a different reason why they do it.
:rolleyes:

SURE YOU'VE CHANGED! :p

Alita

TRIBE Member
I knew two such guys...

one of them just told such grandiose stories, crazy shit - a different one every other day. He claimed to have about a million different metal problems(in the past :rolleyes: ) ...but he was still a good friend. I guess I just humored him, cause he was still fun to hang out with. It was kind of annoying at times though, because when someone lies SO frequently, it's hard to ever tell when they are telling the truth. I lost touch with this guy a few years back.

The other dude was just a straight up pansy. Most people when confronted and caught in a lie, will at least admit it ( at least in my experience) but this dude just kept denying...anyways I am also STILL friends with this dude. Mind you it's much more distant now.

I don't think you can really help a friend like that. even if you ask them about it, they will lie and deny...it's embarrassing you know? I would just take the friendship with a grain of salt. Not take shit too seriously or whatever....but if this person is just an acquaintance or whatever and the lying is annoying you, then just drop the dud.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
I had a close friend from high school whom I used to joke around with. He would lie about the stupidist most insignificant things. I made friends with a buddy of his and all we did was talk about how he comes up with these lies.
His lieing even ruined his relationship with his g/f.
So to make a long story short, I ended up getting my buddy a job as a caretaker (which is what I do) . He didn't really want to work everyday so he would phone in sick to the supervisor or come up with some other stupid excuse. So now he's lieing to the supervisors at work. I really don't know what to think of this. This job is the last resort for my buddy. He can't hold a steady job. Why does he continue to lie for when there's really no good reason to lie??

Teflon

TRIBE Member
I know 2 of these idiots.

The first I worked with. This guy lies about everything. I didn't reall give a shit until he started spinning me into the lies and expected me to go along with it. I don't work there anymore and I'm not speaking to the dick anymore.

The second is a friend for the past 10 years or so. He's getting worse. I almost kicked his ass at the last party we were at but I was sober and he was fall down drunk. I figured I feel bad looking at him bleeding all over the place so I waited for him to pass out and I drew "Insert Cock Here -->" on his back and took pictures instead. Telling him the next day that the pen saved his life cause I was gonna kill him.

I can't stand these fucks. Idiotic back in the day stories, cover up stories and the worse thing of all embarasing you in front of the oppisite sex telling imposible to believe stories during a pathetic pick up attempt.

I'd just keep my distance, these people aren't worth your time. Find some "real" friends.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories