• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

passport info

joey

TRIBE Member
So I'm going to be travelling overseas for the first time is Fabruary and I needs to get me a passport.

What do I do?
How long does it take?
How much does it cost?

anyone?

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
when i went to cuba, i got my passport from the civic building at scarborough town center..

you need to get some passport photos taken (any camera shop can do this on a walk-in), and you need to get them witnessed by either your doctor, a priest, lawyer.. any really official kinda person that knows you personally.

i think it was 50 for the passport, can't remember exactly

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Get picture taken from a passport photo place.
Get them signed by people who can sign them.
Take them to the Passport Office.
Fill out forms.
Pay ~$65
Wait about 10 days.

Next time use the search function HHC freak.

pr0nstar

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Go as soon as you can. Don't leave it to the last minute. You have to find a professional to sponsor you and get pics. I got mine in mississauga on Burnhamthorpe and spent the whole day waiting in massive lines. I think I picked mine up 10 days after i gave in my application.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Get picture taken from a passport photo place.
Get them signed by people who can sign them.
Take them to the Passport Office.
Fill out forms.
Pay ~$65
Wait about 10 days.

Next time use the search function HHC freak.

pr0nstar
THIS IS MY SEARCH FUNCTION-AH!!

thanks kenny :)

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by j bunny 2000
Go as soon as you can. Don't leave it to the last minute. You have to find a professional to sponsor you and get pics. I got mine in mississauga on Burnhamthorpe and spent the whole day waiting in massive lines. I think I picked mine up 10 days after i gave in my application.
I think i'll get it all done on saturday. I leave the last week in february.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
you can pick up the forms at the post office. the instructions are very clear.

and heed zee's warning. dont smile in the picture or they won't accept it.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
My buddy got rejected from the passport office this morning because the guy said he had a shadow behind his ear. He had to go get new pictures done and then was told the pictures were not cut properly, so he had to go back again! Apparently the new restrictions on photos are a pain in the ass, so make sure you get good passport photos done.

*c*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
the passport office decided that they would only accept photos with a "neutral" expression because customs agents were having a difficult time identifying people who were not "neutral" in their photos.
lucky for me they decided this the day AFTER i got the photo taken for my new passport, so i had to go BACK and get another set done. fucking jerks.

Boo

TRIBE Member
I think you live in Hamilton if I remember.

Go to the passport office in Jackson sqare. Its in the office towers, 3rd floor I think. Theres a camera place in the mall to take the pictures too. It takes about 5 mins and costs about $10 for the pics.

Get the pics signed by a guarentor and fill out the application. (you can get passport apps at any post office, even the ones at shoppers)

Take the signed pics, the application and 65$ to the passport office - wait in line for about 2 hours and hand in your shit. Careful, because a lot of offices won't take debit.

You should be able to pick up your passport in 2 weeks. If you are lazy like me and leave it till the last minute, you can pay and extra $30 procrastination fee and pick it up in 5 days.

Make sure you bring your birth cert and 2 other pieces of ID to hand the application in. I'm fairly sure they need originals of everything.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jester

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zee
don't forget to not smile when you get your picture taken

seriously
is this new? (or are you actually not being serious?) ... because i'm wearing a big fat grin in my passport photo.