1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Passing a drug test (without being clean)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Joe Seven, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

A friend of mine has applied to work for a major canadian airline. She has passed the first two interviews and will be given a drug test next.

She smokes weed, and the test is soon. What are the best cleansing kits out there? Do they work? I've heard about drinking pure vinegar but that is just silly.

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I'm told the Magic Elixir I'm told works pretty well, as long as they aren't testing for the Elixir as well.

3. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

she could always dilute the vinegar. it's marginally less silly.

and i would go with an organic cider vinegar, instead of your household white vinegar. don't know if it helps with drug tests, but it's way better for your skin.

4. CiG

CiG TRIBE Member

Vinegar works for sure...

Depending on how soon, a few shots a day (gargling optional)... Cranberry juice in between...

5. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

if its hair test she is screwed

Drinking water will do nothing except dilate your urine.

Masking products, not a safe bet because they can usually test for those too.

Body cleansers. It cleans out your liver, kidneys and bladder - Im sure there are tons of sites that market this stuff. Who knows if they really work though, maybe someone on here has tried them?

Tell her if possible to put off the test for a few weeks then she should have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008
  6. deveator

deveator TRIBE Member

A friend eh? ya right!

7. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

my thoughts are... if you've applied for a job like that, in the first place, what the hell are you doing being so careless with your drug use? you'd have to expect a drug test at some point.

tell your friend she's a bit of an idiot, and to hope for the best.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

You could always blame "poppy seed" bagels!

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

awesome. just the kind of person I want helping to manage a million-dollar airplane with possibly hundreds of lives under their care.

10. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I've been eating an Everything bagel every single day for about 7 years... it's my breakfast daily.

Does this mean I'm a heroin addict?

Cuz any other bagel wont do, and it ruins my morning.

11. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Yup, you're a junkie!!:p

12. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

no your not a junky, but if you take a drug test after eating a poppy seed bagel you will in fact post a false positive for opiates.

Do a search on mythbusters they did some experiments on this in like the first season and it was pretty alarming to see the results (like a single bagel does produce a false positive)

13. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

She might just be at the check-in desk. Everyone knows chicks can't fly planes.

14. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Yeah, the only wings they should be wearing are ... never mind.

15. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

LOL.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

16. guysmiley

guysmiley TRIBE Member

When was the last time she toked? Occasional use can probably be beaten after about 7 days in a urine test- up to a 4-5 weeks for heavier use.

In my old gig I had a lot of people test positive for weed or get busted trying to scam the system. Some of the more clever schemes:

People would sneak someone else's urine into the bathroom (since your friend is a girl, the stall factor helps for supervised collection)

Adulterants (like vinegar- Apple Cider or other pills) - the lab offered to test for these but we opted not to.

One person actually drank a boatload of water and added food colouring to make the sample the right colour. I'm not sure if they test for pH, but he got busted because he came out with yellow spots on his sleeves.

Or, your friend could realize that (regardless of how draconian our drug laws or Societal views are), she is applying for a job where recreational drug use is contraindicated.

17. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

^ cheers for the info.

It's a urine test, so I think she's got a chance.

She should have quit 3 weeks before the test, but she'll only have 1 week of sobriety under her belt. I guess it's a crap shoot... sounds like vinegar might actually be the best option, as the maskers can be detected. Hmmm... a well placed zip-lock bag of her sisters pee might work... are there risks of submitting urine that's not yours? (ie they can easily detect the sample is not yours?)

Anyhoo, thanks for all the suggestions so far... tribe always comes through on the drug tip.

18. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

no more weed = no more problem

edit* I just wanted to post something... anything

19. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

vench has been smoking the pot!

20. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

actually... I haven't smoked in quite some time.

so THERE

:D

21. thom100

thom100 TRIBE Member

Joe when i had to do my test for the airlines they have a area on the form that ask if you have been in any heavy streams of marijuana, her best best is to check that box and state she has been at a concert where she may have inhaled some of the smoke. It is a much better bet then to take one of the masking products.

22. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

Careless? weed can stay in your system for up to 30 days because it's fat soluble.

23. billy

billy TRIBE Member

but normally you are to refrain from eating for several hours before a blood test.

joe - your friend should be prepared to fail this test and might want to look into if one is allowed to apply again at a later date. if she is a regular smoker she should give herself at least 3 months to be safe. if she has a low body fat level, that could be trimmed down a bit but as others have mentioned it is absorbed by fat.

24. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

If it's the test I took, it an instant read test that is not that sensitive. They seem to be looking mostly for coke and meth use.

Get her to drink a ton of fluids over the next while. Coffee is supposed to be good as it is a diuretic.

25. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

It's a flight attendant job. The worst they can do is keep you hungry by not giving you your complimentary peanuts.