• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Party Flyers

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Feeling a little nostalgic with The Guv closing down and did a search for a thread of just party flyers but could not find one. Not sure if this will fly or not but some of the flyers from back in the day were pretty cool. Post em if ya got em :)

FRONT

BACK

Rage

TRIBE Member
Feeling a little nostalgic with The Guv closing down and did a search for a thread of just party flyers but could not find one. Not sure if this will fly or not but some of the flyers from back in the day were pretty cool. Post em if ya got em :)

FRONT

BACK

To this day - I still have never heard Farina better than the sets he played at Industry. The NYE later that year was my all time fav.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I've condensed my collection down to a shoebox full of the "good ones"... Mostly Transcendance, Alien, Blue/Speed, R'n'B, etc.

:)

Brandon

TRIBE Member
@ Brandon - YES!
I nearly threw my back out the last time I pulled that container out to sift through it.

Not sure what I was thinking back in the day, grabbing multiple copies of every flyer at every record and clothing store on Queen Street.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member

FRONT

BACK

This was a good party. Heather and Michele both played great sets. And Mark not only ripped the roof off, beforehand he got me so baked (massive 3 pape doob), Hahahahaha, oh man... Holy fucking FLASHBACK...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
That Ron Trent set was ill DEEP as fuck.

Who remembers the Joe Clausell debut at Roxy Blu on Canada Day? He dropped Rolando Knights of the Jaguar at -5 pitch and blew everybody's mind...

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i got a box of old flyers kicking around somewhere as well. i distinctly remember deciding to not throw out the box, and then packing it into a larger box, when i moved into a house a year and a half ago. there's probably a bunch of old tribe magazines and news articles and beads/whistles/soothers/vicks inhalers in there as well, not that i was into that sort of thing or anything.

Rage

TRIBE Member
R&B & Ritual parties were amazing.

Mark Grant killing it on 3 decks in the basement of Jet (Turbo) and then Diz on right after that.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
sigh... this thread makes me miss the good ol' days.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have caught the tail end of the good ole days. Moved to T.O. on September of `98 for school and went to my first party that September (which was an RNB party). The rest is history. Such good times :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rage

TRIBE Member
I got you Rage lol ;)
"Standing ovation"

My buds & I were in that tiny booth, smoking cannons with Diz watching Mark destroy 3 decks. Still have never seen a DJ work pure house on 3 decks like Mark did. even Diz was lovin it

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Rage, we were probably hanging together then. I was with Willy Knox & Adam Marshall in that little pedestal of a booth most of that night. We were lit up like a Christmas tree...

Rage

TRIBE Member
Rage, we were probably hanging together then. I was with Willy Knox & Adam Marshall in that little pedestal of a booth most of that night. We were lit up like a Christmas tree...
Maybe!! It was so small in there, right against a wall. Diz certainly can roll a nice cannon, that's for sure ;)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I lost all mine, including the ticket for the free Hawtin Kincey jam that got out of reach after the fire :(

I do have a copy of a later run of the Transcendence magazine...

Someone page ian...