1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Parks And Wilson...

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by EffinHard, Aug 27, 2003.

1. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

THE RETURN!
    awesome, cant wait for this. Im going out in full force. FUCK LABOR OF LOVE.

2. Doing this instead of LoL.

No love from me for Guv.

3. Lights Out

Lights Out New Member

again, if anybody needs guestlist for this event, email me at rowghani@hotmail.com

Take Care
    Reza

4. the Doctor

the Doctor TRIBE Member

Ah Ryan ... the jaded Guv goer ;)

I will also be in attendance this Friday for Parks and Wilson at System. Perhaps it should be an impromptu EffinHard/The Doctor birthday celebration ... hm?

5. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

same here

6. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

who are these two?

acid jazzy?

7. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

8. chipotle

chipotle Well-Known TRIBEr

ha ha ha

that is funny.

last I heard them... pure boring prog into very very uplifting prog and then into dark progressive with a few wicked dubby kind of tripped out breaks.

I like their style but they always start kind of boring, however they do build up things really well.

9. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

set times anyone?

10. luvslife

luvslife TRIBE Member

They are not on the same day.:confused:

11. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

Parks and Wilson along with Jahn Graham (Quivver) were the production group "tilt". Had some amazing tunes a couple years ago.

P&W are progressive with a capital P. They were the ones who got me off trance for good 3 years ago. I owe them Much thanks for that.

12. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

we know.

and we're still not going to the guv.

13. smack

smack TRIBE Member

Matt Coleridge 10-12
    Parks and Wilson 12-3
    Dave Ralph 3-Close

14. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

I will be there:D

I'm liking the 12-3 P&W time slot...this means I'll actually be able to catch an entire set.

pleasedon'tbeboringpleasedon'tbeboringpleasedon'tbeboring

15. the Doctor

the Doctor TRIBE Member

why are Parks and Wilson reputed to be so boring? How often have they played Toronto?

And who is Dave Ralph?

16. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

They've been to System a couple of times over the past few years and quite frankly I can't remember their sets (but I do remeber seeing them).

As much as I appreciate a nice mellow prog set at home, I need things to need to be a bit more "punchy" while I'm out. If I'm at System and I'm not dancing...then it's time for me to go home.

Dave Ralph has been around for a while...didn't he used to spin trance?

17. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Dave Ralph was Oakey's sidekick a few years back. He did Tranceport 2 or 3.

18. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

dave ralph rocked tonic a few years back opening for oakey.

is he living in the states now?

19. They have played a few dull sets, but the Blue party that Breathe threw and two years ago last may they rocked the place. They can play some amazing sets, but it's sometimes a crap shoot. But when they get a groove going, they're on fire.

20. organik

organik TRIBE Member

I'll be there!

:D

21. beatjunkie

beatjunkie TRIBE Member

Rated them my second worst party of 2002 behind LOL (Which by coinsedence is also this weekend)
    P&W put me to sleep, but you never know with the time slot they may decide to step it up a notch??? Still pretty boring sound IMO

Whatever the case not going to either of the big parties
    (Maybe Cherry Beach after seeeing the line up?)

22. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

I'll be there. P+W are pretty much hit or miss, but I'm hoping their peak time slot and Coleridge's opening should ensure a lively set.

Dave Ralph is based in the US now, he did Tranceport 2 a while back and is part of the Tea Freaks collective.

23. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

where is JIB when you need him?

All i have to say is:
    P&W Essential Mix April 2000

still HANDS DOWN one of my fav Essential Mixes EVAR

see you tonight.
    L