• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pantages Spa

starr

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been to this spa for any services? I'm looking to get my friend a gift certificate or pedicure service (specifically). I'm thinking about Pantages or Stillwater. Basically, I'd like it to be near her work (Queen and Sherbourne) or her house (Dupont and Bloor).

I feel like Stillwater will be too chi-chi (sp?) and it's also a bit ridiculously priced. Can anyone recommend any mid-range, good pedi/spa places near either of those two areas? Or have a review of Pantages (or Stillwater)?

Thanks!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've been to the Pantages, it's nice... but their facials suck. I think the place is overpriced.

I really really like the spa at Le Royal Meridien Kind Edward, I just went for a pedicure and they treated me very well (drinks, good reading material, a comfy room to chill in while my toes dried).

Bean

TRIBE Member
I was really impressed with the mani+pedi i received at the Estée Lauder Spa. The service was great, the place looks niiiice and it was a relaxing experience.

starr

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I've been to the Pantages, it's nice... but their facials suck. I think the place is overpriced.

I really really like the spa at Le Royal Meridien Kind Edward, I just went for a pedicure and they treated me very well (drinks, good reading material, a comfy room to chill in while my toes dried).
Thanks for the feedback on the Pantages. I was trying to find the spa section of the Royal Eddie's website and couldn't....do you remember the name or any info that could help me? I think that's probably the way I'll go.

starr

TRIBE Member
Bean said:
I was really impressed with the mani+pedi i received at the Estée Lauder Spa. The service was great, the place looks niiiice and it was a relaxing experience.
Where's the Estee Lauder Spa? Do you mean the one in the Eaton's Centre?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

sugar

TRIBE Member
Michele, I went with diwc, janiecakes, and smokeyeyes to the Pantages Spa for simultaneous pedicures. I think we all enjoyed ourselves!

kmac

TRIBE Member
Stillwater is really nice but the prices are ridiculous compared to other really nice spas. $60 for a basic manicure and $90 for a pedicure? Come on!

starr

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
Michele, I went with diwc, janiecakes, and smokeyeyes to the Pantages Spa for simultaneous pedicures. I think we all enjoyed ourselves!
Thanks lady! Pantages it is. I just wanted to get my newly preggo friend a gift and figure she'll not going to be able to give herself a foot treat soon enough, so yeah. :)

emiwee

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Stillwater is really nice but the prices are ridiculous compared to other really nice spas. $60 for a basic manicure and $90 for a pedicure? Come on!
I agree that the pricing at Stillwater is pretty ridiculous. But I will shamefully admit that I love it there.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

sugar

TRIBE Member
starr said:
Thanks lady! Pantages it is. I just wanted to get my newly preggo friend a gift and figure she'll not going to be able to give herself a foot treat soon enough, so yeah. :)
At the time, Jane & Isa were both preggo! I think it's a nice treat for someone who won't be able to reach their feet very easily ;)

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Well, I've never had a pedicure at Pantages... only the facial, but it seemed they were overpriced.
How much did the pedicure cost there?