• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pancake dinner day!!!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Given that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, that would mean today is Shrove Tuesday (sp?), and in my family tradition, that means I have pancakes and bacon for dinner.

yummy.

T.O.B'

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

sk8

TRIBE Member
i know! i remembered this morning but it was too late to have pancakes. and i'm going to the inlaws for dinner tonight, and i doubt we're having pancakes.

i'll have to extend the pancake eating to tomorrow night.

apparently this started to use up eggs and milk before lent.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
is this some kind of religious thing i've never heard of?

do you find jesus in your pancakes? or is it only a symbol of jesus? Jesus was a flapjack?

House of god... err.. house of pancakes?

sneh. pancakes need not a day of their own! pancakes can have ANY day, and every day, if you like em that much.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sk8

TRIBE Member
Shrove Tuesday, the eve of Lent — also known as Mardi Gras (literally "fat Tuesday" in French), Carnival (from the Latin for "farewell to the flesh"), and Fasnacht (the Germanic "night of the fast") — is celebrated across the world with riotous merrymaking and feasting.

While Brazilians samba in the streets of Rio, and New Orleans throws its most famous party of the year, the English celebrate with Pancake Tuesday. It may seem an unlikely last indulgence, but pancakes use up rich ingredients like butter and eggs from the larder before the pious Lenten fast. Families gather for sweet and savory pancake suppers, and housewives still compete in the peculiar tradition of donning their aprons and racing each other holding pancake-filled skillets. Strict rules require that each contestant successfully toss and flip her pancakes into the air at least three times before crossing the finish line.

kat

TRIBE Member
its a religious thing

because of lent

people dont want to eat eggs during lent

pancakes use a lot of eggs..therefore a good way to rid your household of them before you go on a fast

eastaaaar!

anyway yes. i like pancakes. but i like french toast more.
i dont need to eat either..but hmm maybe i will.

yes.yes.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
housewives still compete in the peculiar tradition of donning their aprons and racing each other holding pancake-filled skillets. Strict rules require that each contestant successfully toss and flip her pancakes into the air at least three times before crossing the finish line.

hahahha... if this doesnt prove that religions are silly... i dont know what will.

Monty python himself couldnt have made it any sillyer.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
lately i've been having pancakes at least a couple days a week... had some last night actually... mmmmmm - lots of buttah, some syrup... hell yeah!

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
hahahha... if this doesnt prove that religions are silly... i dont know what will.

Monty python himself couldnt have made it any sillyer.

:D i could totally see the "housewife" character doing this!

yup. it's one of those things that's fun to celebrate even if you are not religious. i'm not a fan of organized religion, but i like pancakes. so why not eat pancakes on designated pancake day.

like hunting for eggs on easter. fun, but not overly religious.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
aww

My family used to do this.

I used to get seriously excited for pancake tuesday.

for sure...I remember growing up, anticipating having pancakes and bacon/sausages FOR DINNER!....it was comparible to Christmas morning, or having a pillow case full of candy at Hallowe'en.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
like hunting for eggs on easter. fun, but not overly religious.

Easter is very religious!

is symbolizes the day that Jesus went door to door in israel, laying coloured eggs in secret hidden locations.

Doesnt it?

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
Easter is very religious!

is symbolizes the day that Jesus went door to door in israel, laying coloured eggs in secret hidden locations.

Doesnt it?

jesus was a bunny?

now it all makes sense!

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Crepes are way better than pancakes :p

Yum I concur.

The best is those really thin crepes that you put sugar and lemon on. DAmn those are tasty....i gotta find a recipee. Anyone??

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
jesus was a bunny?

C'mon!!!

Isnt this the face of a bunny?

story.jesushead.cnn.jpg

Boc Boc Boc Boc Boc Baaawwwk!

imagine opening your door to THIS GUY laying 'eggs' on your front stoop

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by j bunny 2000
Yum I concur.

The best is those really thin crepes that you put sugar and lemon on. DAmn those are tasty....i gotta find a recipee. Anyone??

Recipe?

Flour, Egg, Milk... done.