• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pamela Anderson to host Canadian music awards

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Has the Canadian music scene sunk to a new low or is it trying desperately to be American?

Pamela Anderson to host Canadian music awards

By Etan Vlessing

OTTAWA (Hollywood Reporter) - Pamela Anderson has signed to host the Juno Awards, Canada's version of the Grammys, which will take place in Halifax, Nova Scotia on April 2.

Past hosts include Shania Twain and Alanis Morissette. But the Vancouver Island-born Anderson, who is better known for dating rock stars than for her musical talent, represents the awards show's most globally branded host to date.

"She's famous around the world, but Pamela will feel right at home in Halifax," said Susanne Boyce, president of programming at broadcaster CTV, which will air the show.

Rock band Nickelback leads the pack with six nominations, followed by jazz star Diana Krall and Michael Buble with five nominations each. Arcade Fire, Neil Young and the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra each have three nominations. Nickelback and Buble will perform, as will Bryan Adams and Coldplay.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...377957_RTRUKOC_0_US-CANADA.xml&archived=False

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I suppose other notable options could have been Lorraine Segato, Jane Siberry, maybe even Meryn Cadell!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah they should just get that fuckface from Broken Social Scene to host it. Soon every award will go to the 1000+ members of that band.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
re: pic of guy I hate!

its "Boom Desjardins"

*ahem*

Desjardins launched his first solo album in 2004, which has gone on to sell more than 130,000 albums. A sold-out concert tour included an exceptional set at Quebec's Fête Nationale before some 250,000 people. His previous band, La Chicane, sold more than a half-million albums and performed at the Olympics in Australia and Toronto's SARS concert headlined by the Rolling Stones.

and I hate him for reasons that he knows why.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
yeah, but Bullard's the kind of guy you hope you back over when pulling out of your driveway every morning... is his show still on?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
yeah, but Bullard's the kind of guy you hope you back over when pulling out of your driveway every morning... is his show still on?
It was cancelled over 2years ago.

DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
She is a bad choice IMO to host. Is this the best they could come up with?!?!
Actually, she's a great choice. Considering that her large rack is definately going to draw more than enough starers... errr viewers.

That and... she's actually quite bright. I'll be expecting a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour from her at the Junos... She will definately poke fun at her own expense, what with the various musicians shes been with and her status amongst b-rated shows (although Stacked is more of an A-rated show)

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
I've never really watched the Junos because they're such a snooze but I will now. I love Pam. It's a great idea to have her host. She's got way more ratings pull than Coldplay.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Why don't they get a famous actor of sorts to host the show....

Oh yeah, they're all in the States making money.

Oh well....Pam's getting a career surge lately with the Kanye West rumor and shit.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Exactly. Does anyone besides Boss Hog watch the CMA's anyway? ;)

Maybe this way more people will watch, and that's showbizz for you.

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Why don't they get a famous actor of sorts to host the show....

Oh yeah, they're all in the States making money.

Oh well....Pam's getting a career surge lately with the Kanye West rumor and shit.
I think Pam's career is pretty consistant. She is amazing in the Kayne video though.

I don't know, I'm a really big fan of hers. She's never tried to be anything more than who she is. She's not looking for a Oscar and any of that bullshit. She smart, interesting and very charming in interviews. She has a great sense of humour and can take and give the joke to her own expense. I like that.

kmac

TRIBE Member
After watching her roast last night, I like her even more now. The lady can take being shit on and ripped apart with a smile and she's actually pretty damn funny herself.