• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pacific Mall

I love Pacific Mall.

Giant pain in the ass to get to (for me), though.

The funny part is that I only ever go there with my GF to kill an afternoon and buy stupid little junk that I don't really need (bootleg DVDs, watermelon juice, etc), but something about the place appeals to me.

I'm somewhat amazed that so many stores selling useless collectible crap can stay in business in one location.

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
oeretS said:
hey anyone know if pacific mall sells bootleg blu-rays?

I'm at Pac Mall about 2-3 times per week for lunch and I've never seen bootleg blu-rays there, would be interested to know which of the 37 bootleg movie stores sells them if they actually exist.

Hi i'm God said:
I would not trust getting good quality(the point of blu ray) blu rays from a pirate market but thats just me.

If its a 1 for 1 copy the quality would be exactly the same as the original. Issue is that dual layer (50gb) blu-ray media is still super expensive, makes more sense to buy the original if its on a dual layer disc. Older movies on single layer would make sense to copy though since blanks are about $10 each or less.

workdowntown said:
There are blu-ray discs at some of the stalls now. Definitely.

Nice, will have to check them out when I'm there next... how much? Would expect them to be at least $10 each?

I normally steer clear of the bootleg movie stores there as the quality on most are shit... cams look even worse than normal when viewed on a big screen TV, trust me.

Vise said:
I normally steer clear of the bootleg movie stores there as the quality on most are shit... cams look even worse than normal when viewed on a big screen TV, trust me.

I agree with this, but it seems as though fewer and fewer movies for sale at pacific mall are camera quality these days - on my last trip, probably over 90% of the movies I got were DVD quality, and the only ones in camera quality had just come out within a few days

The trick is to get movies that are on the cusp of being released on dvd, that way you get newish flicks that are full quality, but you skirt the ridiculous 29.99 introduction price at the video store. Iron Man for example is $3 right now at PacMall, and it's full quality.

Anyone with torrent access and a decent connection can get those same movies for free, I just grab them myself when its something worth watching. Grabbed the Iron Man DVD-R when it was posted online a few weeks ago.

Even though they are only $2 each the thought of paying for a cam (ie. all of the newest movies) seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:
you can download really good quality movies on Torrents.
go to isohunt.com and type in Axxo.

The only bootleg dvd's i buy are the foreign films.

yeah, paying for a cam is ridiculous

also you can grab HD movie rips from many torrent sites nowadays, good stuff (true hd, not sd)

sd divx rips look great on sd tvs, but c'est terrible sur les televisorz

zoo said:
yeah, paying for a cam is ridiculous

also you can grab HD movie rips from many torrent sites nowadays, good stuff (true hd, not sd)

sd divx rips look great on sd tvs, but c'est terrible sur les televisorz

I have a couple of h.264's that are fantastic quality. They take forever to download but are better than buying a blu-ray.

Vise said:
Anyone with torrent access and a decent connection can get those same movies for free, I just grab them myself when its something worth watching. Grabbed the Iron Man DVD-R when it was posted online a few weeks ago.

Even though they are only $2 each the thought of paying for a cam (ie. all of the newest movies) seems ridiculous to me.

The 1080p and 720p rips floating around made my wildest dreams come true. You haven't seen a gyro spin until

zoo said:
Did you download the 720p rip after the 1080p rip, just to see what the difference was?

Not that I download anything at all, but if I were to, I'd download each as they became available and delete the superceded copy because I do what I want at all times