• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pacific Mall

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pest:
Wow people are dreaming of me now. I would actually like to meet all of you but I am fearful for my life.</font>

LMAO
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pest:
Wow people are dreaming of me now. I would actually like to meet all of you but I am fearful for my life.</font>

I got your back bro... nobody fucks with me around here... I live too far away and they forget half the shit I say by the time I come to T.O
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vinder:
celings? for what? the place is warm and better lit than any mall i can think of....the hamburger thing i can't help you out with....but if you wanted that kind of food, what are you doing there in the first place?

&lt;--- not trying to be antagonistic, just curious
</font>

Are you implying that Asians dont eat hamburgers?
tongue.gif

I think the lack of ceilings make the place look way to temporary....the stores look like boothes at a home show or something.

But I was only in it once....to buy tix for a party...then I had to leave to go and buy a hamburger.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
what is the deal with those things always hanging of cell phones? lights. little bears. bells. what the hell?</font>

I don't know what they are but I got one today, it has a hello kitty in a snowsuit on it and it lights up when my phone rings and its pretty mulch the cutest. It has bells and beads and stuff I LOVE IT!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by green_souljah:
Are you implying that Asians dont eat hamburgers?
tongue.gif

I think the lack of ceilings make the place look way to temporary....the stores look like boothes at a home show or something.

But I was only in it once....to buy tix for a party...then I had to leave to go and buy a hamburger.
</font>

i think the lack of ceilings give it more of a marketplace type feel, i like it. never mind the fact you can negotiate prices on almost anything.

and no, asians don't eat hamburgers, they just eat rice :p

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kate:
I don't know what they are but I got one today, it has a hello kitty in a snowsuit on it and it lights up when my phone rings and its pretty mulch the cutest. It has bells and beads and stuff I LOVE IT!</font>

They are rampant in Asia. Don't buy into the trend... let it die before it grows. Because when you see it as a mass-boom like I did in Korea, you will realize how foolish you look. It will grow if you feed it, for the love of God, please refrain.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kate:
I don't know what they are but I got one today, it has a hello kitty in a snowsuit on it and it lights up when my phone rings and its pretty mulch the cutest. It has bells and beads and stuff I LOVE IT!</font>

Sounds like the next Hullabaloo! "must have item"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JEMZ:

They are rampant in Asia. Don't buy into the trend... let it die before it grows. Because when you see it as a mass-boom like I did in Korea, you will realize how foolish you look. It will grow if you feed it, for the love of God, please refrain.
</font>

everything's a mass-boom in asia!!
and we always eat it up when it gets over here - just look at those damned razor scooters a couple years back!
at least the cute little icons are... well... cute!

*proud owner of much mashimaro junk*

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by feisty boy:
everything's a mass-boom in asia!!

*proud owner of much mashimaro junk*
</font>

True True. And mashimaro is a pretty funny cartoon. But everybody in Korea had those dangly phone thingies. Some got so extreme that they had cartoon, wool phone covers... it was just terrible.
biggrin.gif

True True. And mashimaro is a pretty funny cartoon. But everybody in Korea had those dangly phone thingies. Some got so extreme that they had cartoon, wool phone covers... it was just terrible.
biggrin.gif
</font>

it was the same in japan - and that was a couple of years ago that i was over there!
people sometimes had 5 or 6 of them all dangling in a bunch

You can pick up a new Ericsson T68 world phone at Pacific Mall for 9 bills. Mmmm...bluetoothy goodness...
biggrin.gif

my mom came back from a trip to japan with the hypothesis that those little dangly phone charms are actually a modern day interpretation of an old custom originating from one of the dynasties... (i want to say ming but thats only because i dont know any of the other dynasties! oops)

she says that in those times, people all had these little charms made out of ivory or jade etc that they would hang from their sashes or belts that would be a personal touch to their outfit or a sign of status.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vinder:

and no, asians don't eat hamburgers, they just eat rice :p
</font>

how many times do I have to tell you!!! Koreans eat lots of hamburgers....but only the ones with dog meat
biggrin.gif

</font>

FOB's have the worst trends. The latest things for guys is Capri pants and tube tops.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Balzz:
Kennedy and Steeles. You can't miss it - follow all the bad drivers and tacky "modified" cars.
biggrin.gif
</font>

typer.jpg

I love that mall...especially the Asian women.

I love the bling bling you can get for your phone.

The best is I was able to get a Surfmaster Spoon Watch for $100. Very hard to find watch.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by solacevip:
The best is I was able to get a Surfmaster Spoon Watch for $100. Very hard to find watch.</font>

What store was that at??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
what is the deal with those things always hanging of cell phones? lights. little bears. bells. what the hell?</font>

It's cute and adds personality... I have refrained from adding those to my cell though.

There's dangley things you can add to your cell, it could be a character or some sort that has a light in it which blinks every time someone calls, and yeap. some bells too.

it's a great place for gadgets.

as for hamburgers, there is a place in market village (right beside pacific mall) that caters in western food. hamburgers, fries, you name it.

and pacific mall used to be a farmhouse. that's why it still sort of looks like one.

the small stores reflect those of HK (Hong Kong), only BIGGER. some stores in HK can be as small as the size of a walk-in closet.