1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Oxygen 8 and XP problems..

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Cheap Ego, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

Has anyone else had problems installing an Oxygen 8 keyboard on XP? I've gone through the motions many time but it still will not recognize the drivers.

I started by downloading the most recent XP install file from m-audio, followed the instructions, and went through that XP drive auto register thingy afterwards. It would not come up with any errors during the windows driver installations, but then would give me the 'Finish' box displaying that the device could not be installed.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. physix

physix TRIBE Member

i do remember having to do it 3 times before it was recognized by anything on my computer...

but i just kept installing it...

-physix

3. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

yeah, I know it has to do if three times. Once for USB driver, the Keystation driver, and then the MIDI driver.. but after every element is installed, I get that 'Device could not be installed' message... arghghgh..

4. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

could be your motherboard. if it's one of those integrated boards(built in sound/video cards etc.) then I've seen many instances like this where it just wont work until you get a decent board.

Alot of the gear you buy is made with a half decent computer in mind so when you go using stuff that isn't genuine intel you run into problems more often than not.

5. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

yeah sorry, here's some specs if it would help:

AMD XP 1800
    Asus A7V333
    Audiophile 2496
    USB connections are on-board (but I have never had USB connectivity issues in the past.)

oh! I should also mention that I have an Evolution UC-16 connected as well.. any idea on the likeliness of a conflict between these two?

6. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

it'a an Asus board so it should be kosher I don't know about the AMD chip though. some companies will specify intel chipsets ask oxygen 8 support if their drivers work with the configuration you have there.?!

7. alcid

alcid TRIBE Member

Oxygen 8 is made by M-Audio, so the AMD chip should be fine. The processor type probably wouldn't prevent you from installing it, I would think it would just cause really shitty performance.

8. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

without having experienced it myself I would agree with you. But I have so I wont. the processor can affect installation. it's rare but it does happen.