• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Outdoor venues for small, free events

diablo

TRIBE Member
Besides Cherry Beach.

Anyone know of any? I know people have put stuff together in High Park, but it seems a bit "heat".

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

poker face

TRIBE Member
diablo said:
Besides Cherry Beach.

Anyone know of any? I know people have put stuff together in High Park, but it seems a bit "heat".
I am sure you can find a few bars downtown that could give you a patio for the night. Cherry Beach is not free in the end considering the amount of work you have to put into it.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
kinda cunty, don't you think?

what?!

hardly... get over it..

I arranged a "thing" in bellwoods a couple years back and went through getting the permit. You run into a problem with "amplified sound"

lucky1

TRIBE Member
man_slut said:
Do you mean free electronic events? Or just any random type of event that is free?
thats why i put the quotation marks.. i didn know what kind of thing we were talking about

Craigee

TRIBE Member
I've always thought that Woodlands Park, on the rouge river, would be a cool place to have a little gathering. It's technically in the city of toronto but it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. No houses around at all, big open field surrounded by trees, no one ever uses it for anything.

Downsides: it's almost impossible to get to without a car. (Steeles & Reesor Road) And you'd have to make special arrangements to park around the field, because the parking lot is really small (I know this can be arranged, I've seen it done before)

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Craigee said:
I've always thought that Woodlands Park, on the rouge river, would be a cool place to have a little gathering. It's technically in the city of toronto but it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. No houses around at all, big open field surrounded by trees, no one ever uses it for anything.

Downsides: it's almost impossible to get to without a car. (Steeles & Reesor Road) And you'd have to make special arrangements to park around the field, because the parking lot is really small (I know this can be arranged, I've seen it done before)

that lot is SUPER BAIT! there are a loooooooooooot of areas in the rouge that are way more suitable. I live 5 minutes from the rouge and have been going there for hikes/walks/rides for over 10 years.