• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Outdoor Patio Carpets

deveator

TRIBE Member
Has anyone seen any stylish outdoor carpets sized for a balcony? I would be looking for around 3x6ft. I've seen some online but would prefer to just go pic it up same day rather then wait. Any suggestions?:)

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I was just thinking about our balcony, which is crazy long. I think I'm just going to all out trashy and get that green itchy stuff - make myself a fake lawn.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking about our balcony, which is crazy long. I think I'm just going to all out trashy and get that green itchy stuff - make myself a fake lawn.
I saw ottomans covered in Astroturf (the real stuff, not outdoor green carpet) at a design show in South Africa. They were amazing - it looked and felt like they were covered in real grass. I might make one myself...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

peko

TRIBE Member
Probably.

Also check out Canadian Tire, Home Sense and Ikea.

Breakfast Television or Cityline always do shows about outdoor furniture and accessories, so check out their websites for ideas too.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I went to the Beaches. There's a few decor stores down there by the Licks that has outdoor stuff.

I also went to Winners and IQ Living might have something.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oeretS

TRIBE Member
for my balcony last summer, I went to chinatown and got 3 of those big bamboo wall/floor coverings, and then cropped them a bit for custom fit. They were like $7 each, and looked great. By the end of the summer they're pretty wrecked but it's a decent low cost option.

this year I'm seriously thinking about astroturf, you can buy off the spool at crap tire

coleridge

TRIBE Member
There's a carpet store in the strip mall (that contains the No Frills) at the north east corner of Gerrard and Carlaw. Entrance is off of Carlaw just north of Gerrard.

This store has loads of outdoor carpet options.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Please provide source for these. I have been looking for a local dealer for the past 3 years! ( the ones at canadian tire and ikea look like cheap crap)
After scouring the city last year I actually found these at IKEA of all places. I haven't been to IKEA yet this spring but I would only imagine they will have them again. They sold really well last year.

Mofo, the ones at ikea were designed to just go on top of existing.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I saw those wooden deck tiles at Dollarama. They looked to be about the same quality as Crappy Tire and Ikea for a lot less money. They'd be great for a short term solution (nothing from Dollarama is built to last!). Today while on Ronces, I passed Pollocks and they had nicely woven coco matting at 36" wide at 5.99 a foot.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yeah we want to do that but it would cost us at least $500 to cover our balcony. Interested in the Dollar Store option though.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Yeah we want to do that but it would cost us at least $500 to cover our balcony. Interested in the Dollar Store option though.
Thats what deterred us as well. Our price came in at 2-250 if I recall correctly. Which would be find if they lasted 5 years or so. However, from the reviews it doesn't seem as though that would happen.

deveator

TRIBE Member
I'm with Sage. I like the wood tiles alot but with all my other home furnacing expensies it's just no feasible right now hence the cheap $50 outdoor carpet option.