• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Our Tribe

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Of all the message boards I have ever visited this one is by far the best. To me this is because there is a large volume of contributors who put some effort into what they say and how they say it. Contributions include news articles, links to websites, political rants, photoshop hilarity and all other types of comic outbursts. Day after day we continue this trend and the result is an engaging forum that allows many of us an external connection to like minded people.

I appreciate how most of you present yourself on-line. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of you and the experience of meeting you in person mirrors the experience of an on-line discussion. That's another Tribe difference, there is a community that has sprung from this board. It is not an internet only group and if you hang out here long enough eventually you will be putting a face to the name. Perhaps it's that accountability that promotes the healthy and honest exchanges we have here.

I have met too many solid Tribe Board people with post counts in the thousands to believe that any sort of elitism is in effect. They were as pleased to finally meet me as I was to meet them. Posts indicate time spent on the board however, and time spent means a greater understanding as to how things work best around here. There is an unwritten rule to this place - as there is in all social gatherings. The unwritten rule centers around respect.

There has been several recent new additions to this community who are conducting themselves in a disrespectful manner. I don't need to name names - you know who you are and from this point onward I am writing to you. I say you are disrespectful because you have fallen into a pattern of perpetual trolling. By trolling I mean a complete lack of commitment to contribute anything worthwhile. These people are finding themselves in flame wars due to the exasperation they foster among others. Flaming is a vulgar form of internet entertainment but it exists and I am certainly guilty of getting involved. To me flaming does have a point - albeit a misguided one. Flaming informs a troll of your displeasure while at the same time entertaining one's internet peers with your wit. It gets old very quickly however and for me it has come to this point.

It's a free country and people can post what they want, of course. We can also choose to ignore your antics as well, of course. To do so however is the lowest common denominator of social interaction. If people speak freely to no effect only to be ignored then there is no point at all, is there?

Isn't it a shame that you come here and refuse to be apart of the community when there is nothing to stop you from doing so? I want you think about something. There may come a time when a group of people from this place are meeting at a pub or club, or having a barbecue, or even a camping weekend, and if you are on the board there is usually a standing invite. Given your conduct these past weeks would you feel comfortable showing up? Would you meet a stranger and state your on-line name, secure in the fact that you have made a contribution to the community?

It's a shame if you can't answer yes to that question because you would be missing out on a number of good times. You would be missing out on meeting a lot of good people.

I hope this gives you something to think about. It's not too late to settle down and turn a new leaf.

Last edited:

kuba

TRIBE Member
holy cow.

I skimmed. dont have enough time to read.

but, well said (from what I skimmed)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
The unwritten rule centers around respect.

Anywhere you go, it's about that. But that's why I appreciated Tribe for so long.
I haven't really been disrespected, but others here have been and since they are my friends, I feel I have been disrespected too.

Well said.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
Why, what's been going on? I've been spending too much time on the Christian Paintball board, so I must have missed something.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Nice post man.

I agree that people don't understand that the dynamic behind a good messageboard stems from 1. The ability of it's users to be themselves if they choose to.. 2. The ability for the users to understand the importance of #1. When the attitudes that support those are ignored, at attitudes that discourage those perpetuate, it undermines the glue that holds the board together. I think because Tribe is fairly unique in this sense, some new posters enter pre-pepared to troll their way to notoriety, just becuase that's the way it's done on some other boards.

*cough*trraves*cough*

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I am fairly new on Tribe but in a short time have come to love it here .... the intelligent conversations and not so intelligent conversations make my day go quicker or sometimes make my slow day alot better - fuck off trolls - go somewhere else please and if you are going to stick around use the motto "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" - :D

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Galactic Phantom
How different is trolling on this here than a mass invasion of another board for shits & giggles?

Invasions are finite, trolling is eternal and infectous.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
I agree that people don't understand that the dynamic behind a good messageboard stems from 1. The ability of it's users to be themselves if they choose to.. 2. The ability for the users to understand the importance of #1. When the attitudes that support those are ignored, at attitudes that discourage those perpetuate, it undermines the glue that holds the board together.

WOW, you nailed it right in the middle!

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
How different is trolling on this here than a mass invasion of another board for shits & giggles?

vinder and OTIS said it. If the trolling only lasted the first week then I would have said nothing and such done a bit of flaming. That is has gone on for a few weeks now prompted me to try another tack.

Besides, Christian Paint Ball? Yanni? Stephen Segal? Tell me they don't have it coming. :p

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
fair enough

but when you see on a regular basis, a continual elitest caste, all the tens of thousands of digits/posts members, who basically in the cliqued out, demented little way, get pleasure out of having this bizarre hold/ownership over there board. and then as well, you claim that NONE of you have trolled b4, thats impressive since some of these members today, still antagonize and ridicule based up # of posts, and that fact that ITS IMPOSSIBLE for a NEWBIE to be as COOL as the LONG STANDING SENIORS of this board

LAME

is all i have to say
yes there are lots of posts that are undoubtedly INANE, but i really doubt after 10 000 - 15000 posts, that the NOOBS on this board dont even remotely come close to the ABSURDITIES you claim to be the nostalgic foundation of your board.

look within before you go judging others

age doesnt always dictate wisdom, it breeds complancency and the inability to adapt sometimes, especially when with that age is something that is now taken for granted rather than used for teaching

practice what you preach

-jybot

Rocky

TRIBE Member

Good point Phantom.

I find some people here to be quite hypocritical. No one says anything when a 10,000+ poster posts shit, but when noobs start attacking there's a tribe board crisis.

I think the new guys are kinda funny.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Pardon?
I'm 15K+ and I post shit and get crapped on all the time.

One thing that really bugs me, is the n00bs who say.. TBK, gang-up, etc...

pr0nstar

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Re: fair enough

Originally posted by jockey slut
but when you see on a regular basis, a continual elitest caste, all the tens of thousands of digits/posts members, who basically in the cliqued out, demented little way, get pleasure out of having this bizarre hold/ownership over there board. and then as well, you claim that NONE of you have trolled b4, thats impressive since some of these members today, still antagonize and ridicule based up # of posts, and that fact that ITS IMPOSSIBLE for a NEWBIE to be as COOL as the LONG STANDING SENIORS of this board

LAME

is all i have to say
yes there are lots of posts that are undoubtedly INANE, but i really doubt after 10 000 - 15000 posts, that the NOOBS on this board dont even remotely come close to the ABSURDITIES you claim to be the nostalgic foundation of your board.

look within before you go judging others

age doesnt always dictate wisdom, it breeds complancency and the inability to adapt sometimes, especially when with that age is something that is now taken for granted rather than used for teaching

practice what you preach

-jybot

kinda what he said.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I dont even pay attention to who is "new" and when I don't get a joke or thread - I usually just let it pass knowing some people have been on here for way longer than I

why care?