1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ottawa RBC Bank bombed

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Sal De Ban, May 19, 2010.

1. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Ottawa Independent Media Center --- video posted on this page originally

here's another link if it gets taken down:
    http://realitymouse.com/tribe/ottawa.avi

"The Vancouver Olympic games are over, but a torch is still burning.

- 15M

Royal Bank Canada was a major sponsor of the recently concluded 2010 Olympics on stolen indigenous land. This land was never legally ceded to colonial British Columbia. This hasn’t stopped the government from assuming full ownership of the land and its resources for the benefit of its corporate masters and to the detriment of aboriginal peoples, workers and the poor of the province. The 2010 Winter Olympics increased the homelessness crisis in Vancouver, especially the Downtown Eastside, Kanada’s poorest urban area. Since the Olympics bid, homelessness in Vancouver has nearly tripled while condominium development in the Downtown Eastside is outpacing social housing by a rate of 3:1. The further criminalization and displacement of those living in extreme poverty continues apace.

"Royal Bank Canada is one of the planet’s greenest companies” according to one of its own brochures. Coporate Kanada saw fit to include RBC as one of the top 50 in a competition dubbed Canada’s Greenest Employers, which purports to recognize organizations that have created “a culture of environmental awareness.” Yet RBC is now the major financier of Alberta’s tar sands, one of the largest industrial projects in human history and perhaps the most destructive. The tar sands, now the cause of the second fastest rate of deforestation on the planet, are slated to expand several times its current size.

The games in Vancouver are now over, but resistance continues. An RBC branch can be found in every corner of Kanada.

On June 25-27 2010, the G8/G20 ‘leaders’ and bankers are meeting in Huntsville and Toronto to make decisions that will further their policies of exploitation of people and the environment. We will be there.

We pass the torch to all those who would resist the trampling of native rights, of the rights of us all, and resist the ongoing destruction of our planet. We say: The Fire This Time.

FFFC - Ottawa
    at the corner of Bank Street and First Avenue."

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  3. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

So they bombed an Ottawa branch for things done in Alberta and B.C.?

4. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

Ah ... Anarchists ... Gotta love snotty rich kids who hate rules and regulations -- unless those rules and regulations work in their favour. When these folks get arrested, I can guarantee you that they'll be screaming for their rights.

5. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

I heard they seen driving away from the scene in an SUV. That doesn't fit given their stance on the environment.. the fact they even drove away is funny. The should have drove off in battery powered scooters or better yet, grabbed a bus or walked.

And weren't the Four Host First Nations considered co-hosts of the games and didn't make millions from the games?

And wasn't VANOC so horny on creating the greenest games (even though I don't think that would have been that hard) that they choose sub-standard ice clearing machines for the speed skating oval?

I drove past the scene of the crime last night... it's pretty dramatic. At least they didn't touch the resto I like next door, Fratelli!