• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oscars Predictions?

JAR

TRIBE Member
I don't know, but I just saw Bareback Mountain and Walk the Line - the two favourites - and I think Joaquin Phoenix should win best actor. Cinematography def goes to Brokeback. I like Reese Witherspoon for Best Actress too, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any other worthy female performances this year...Charlize in North Country maybe?

thought?

JAR

TRIBE Member
I can't even watch here in China...no satellite at my place:( but I do get to see badly voiced-over reports on Chinese TV!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JAR

TRIBE Member
usually they can't get or can't afford the rights to the footage from big events like that, so it will be a montage of still pictures with voice-over done by some guy with a strange british-irish-chinglish accent...speaking chinglish. I love Chinese TV! so many laughs on every channel!

kat

TRIBE Member
if hustle and flow wins anything, i will vomit into an envelope and mail to the academy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
kat said:
if hustle and flow wins anything, i will vomit into an envelope and mail to the academy.
Howard is def. the only thing in it worthy of oscar gold

always a fan of the darkhorse so I hope amy adams and noah baumbach win their respective catagories...of course these are just hopes not predictions, we all know who will win each and every award don't we?;)

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Shit. I'm already bored.

But yeah. Ditto on the Amy Adams for best supporting actress nod, though if Rachel Weitz wins, I won't be too bitchy either.

I'd be happier tho' if those two mud-wrestled for the Prize.

That, I would get on tape.

But anyways, I pretty much expect the rest of the evening to go according to Plan:

Clooney'll win best supporting actor.

That chick from "Housewives"... ok, Felicity Huffman, she'll win Best Actress

Brokeback and Ang Lee'll take the top Director/Best Picture prizes

and P.Seymour Hoffmann'll win best Actor.

Special FX??? Shit. I don't have a clue!!!

Oh, wait-a-sec. KING KONG. D'uh.

ok, where's the betting pools....!?

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
All I really care about is Amy Adams winning for 'Junebug', and Noah Baumbach winning for 'The Squid and The Whale' screenplay.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Brokeback Mountain for everything.

Although I haven't seen it, it's certainly getting a lot of hoopla.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I hope Hustle and Flow wins for Best Song. I just want to hear the presenter say "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp". Especially if it's Judy Dench or something.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I hope Hustle and Flow wins for Best Song. I just want to hear the presenter say "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp". Especially if it's Judy Dench or something.
Three 6 Mafia and one of the actresses from the movie are actually going to perform the song on the program. and they've been cleared by the network/show producers to use to the word bitch.