• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oscar predictions?

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
I predict your balls will fall of from Yukon frostbite.
ha ha ha

very funny.

-------------------

I have grown bitter towards the oscars because after a while they are not that interesting. People watch them because there really isn't anything else on I guess, at the same time that they are on. Anyways, I have grown kind of tired of them I guess. I used to watch them with my family when I was a kid.

I was talking about this with one of my sisters and her friend the other day and the only nominees that I know of and I have watched all the movies for...is for best actor category. So I am just going to predict that Sean Penn is going to win best actor.

That is my only prediction so far.

You guys know they bet on this type of stuff in vegas eh?

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Oscar predictions are easy. If there is an epic, pick it. If there are two epics, pick the fantasy; even crappy epics win, if based on children's books, for people have no objectivity when it comes to crap they read as kids turned into pap they watch as adults.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Best Picture Category nominees are:

"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (New Line)
A Wingnut Films Production
Barrie M. Osborne, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, Producers

"Lost in Translation" (Focus Features)
An American Zoetrope/Elemental Films Production
Ross Katz and Sofia Coppola, Producers

"Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" (20th Century Fox)
A 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures and Miramax Films Production
Samuel Goldwyn, Jr., Peter Weir and Duncan Henderson, Producers

"Mystic River" (Warner Bros.)
A Warner Bros. Pictures Production
Robert Lorenz, Judie G. Hoyt and Clint Eastwood, Producers

"Seabiscuit" (Universal/DreamWorks/Spyglass)
A Universal Pictures/DreamWorks Pictures Production
Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Oscar predictions are easy. If there is an epic, pick it. If there are two epics, pick the fantasy; even crappy epics win, if based on children's books, for people have no objectivity when it comes to crap they read as kids turned into pap they watch as adults.
Actually a fantasy film has never won as best picture- I guess that rule may change though because they seem to the most lucrative at the present.

Academy awards are given out based on a few simple rules:

a) The least ethnic and most marketable actors, generally between 30 and 45, wins the major acting prizes. When people catch on, the prize is given to someone a little more ethnic but just as marketable that the Academy can be praised for not stereotyping yet still give the film industry a push by promoting the star of their movies (Halle Berry, etc).

b) Actors who have been nominated a million times for incredible performances may upset the marketable non ethnic actor and win for a highly mediocre performance because the Academy thinks is their 'due' (Paul Newman- The Colour of Money, etc).

c) Supporting acting prizes are given to unknowns- up and coming people who only do shitty movies after, or old British people. Either way the actors are always known with the term 'Academy award winning' preceding their name that we may not forget their one moment of glory.

d) The most mainstream, politically correct, and lucrative film will generally win (typically an epic). Sometimes people will cry foul and the Academy will try to make amends by 'getting with the times' and awarding the prize to some small artsy movie (Midnight Cowboy) and will be praised for not letting low profile talent slip under the radar, before resuming their usual bloated movie promotion.

We all snicker at the term 'Academy of the art and science of motion pictures' and their yearly orgy of mutual masturbation, patting each other on the back, and pageantry yet faithfully watch year after year in the rare hope that someone who actually deserves to be given recognition will. It never happens, but ah well.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Things that will NOT happen

1) Michael Moore will be civil
2) Nichole Kidman's boob will pop out.
3) Halle Berry will trash talk everyone and dress like a whore
4) Someone will die on stage
5) Someone will trip, walking away after acceptance
6) Billy Crystal won't be annoying
7) Robin Williams won't be annoying
8) Sean Connery will receive BEST ACTOR for playing Quatermain, in LXG.
9) Pixar's crew will accept the award for Finding Nemo (rather than Nemo and Marlin accepting it themselves)
10) Last one there is a penis pump!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
It would be funny to see Timo do the Oscar medley.

It's my dream to do that medley. I'm quite good at improv-ing it actually. I think it would be a good art performance.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Bill Murray and Sean Penn will be shafted and Johnny Depp will win for what I thought was one of the most boring movies I've ever watched. ;)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Things that will NOT happen

1) Michael Moore will be civil
2) Nichole Kidman's boob will pop out.
3) Halle Berry will trash talk everyone and dress like a whore
4) Someone will die on stage
5) Someone will trip, walking away after acceptance
6) Billy Crystal won't be annoying
7) Robin Williams won't be annoying
8) Sean Connery will receive BEST ACTOR for playing Quatermain, in LXG.
9) Pixar's crew will accept the award for Finding Nemo (rather than Nemo and Marlin accepting it themselves)
10) Last one there is a penis pump!
1)why would he even go??
2)WHAT BOOBS??
3)YAY!
4)double YAY!...please please make it brendan frasier
5)peter jackson:D
6)he'll KILL I think
7)fat chance
8)LOL...his honourary one is a few years off
9)you KNOW they'll do that
10)that I'll tune in for

I hate oscars and the politics involved in the "BIZZ"...I wish they would go up there when they win and talk about why the fuck they got involved in film to begin with rather than go on for 3 minutes to try and get as MANY names out there as possible...of course that WONT happen so add that to the list...

let's make a tribe bet to see who will cry